Mercedes CLS Window Problem - Grinding Noise

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

silversurfer10

Car
SLK
Hello everyone,

I own a 2010 Mercedes CLS 219 and as of today, I noticed that the driver's side electric window no longer operates.

There is a grinding noise when I try and raise/lower the window via the window switch and the window does not move at all.

Also, the window does not raise/lower slightly when opening/closing the door but it is still possible to open and close the door. I am worried about water ingress as I can only assume the window is not sealing against the door frame completely.

I was wondering what this issue could be and if anyone knew how much a repair would cost approximately? Many thanks in advance.

The window lift motor gearing strips it's teeth.
Easy to replace and approx £250ish

As above ,gear in the regulator in the window lift is stripped.. or gear on the motor .I go for the gear in the regulator itself the teeth are cut in the thinish metal,, and if the window is iced up ., and the window is operated , ice will stops the movement of the glass ,, then something as to go ,,,that being the gear on the steel quadrant as it gets damaged ..i have seen them gouge a hole in the regulator.

Hi,
I am willing to bet it is the window regulator itself rather than the motor.
The regulator is a known weak spot, as they have plastic pulleys and bowden cable to drive the window, the plastic pulleys wear and the cable eats into them, such a common issue there is an aftermarket repair kit.
This repair kit is quite fiddly to fit, I decided to buy a new regulator from MB to repair my driver's side window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom