mercedes cls320 cdi 2006 headlamps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveg82

Car
clk200 w209
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me, I normally drive an e320cdi 56 plate and on this car when I turn the ignition on, the lights (bi xenon) come on and then go up a level (as if by motor)

now my question is my CLS 320 CDI doesn't do this - it has the projector type lamps, but I switch the car on and lights just stay in the one position, not moving as my eclass ones do. (I think its called auto levelling)

well my CLS bulbs are pointing down to the ground and do not really light the road up, so im wondering wether the auto levelling motor is broken, or it simply doesn't have this auto levelling function, and that I just need to have the position of the bulbs manually adjusted.

if it makes any difference or helps, the previous owner has fitted a hid kit to the car.

hope someone can shed some light

the cls is a 320 cdi 2006 model.

thanks

steve

Hi

Check your front anti roll bar for a small arm that connects to the chassis/wheel arch. You can do this on full lock. It may have snapped or come off. That is the from levelling mech. The actual potentiometer may also need s clean out.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Solved. Car has thumbdial for manually adjusting headlamps. Indicating car does not have self levelling headlamps.
Although the thumbdial does not adjust them adequately, it answers my question that they are not auto levelling.
So I'll adjust them via bolt on headlight itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom