Mercedes colours

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Deane x

Car
C350e S205 2016
I know Mercedes don't have many colours , but what colours do people like and hate , I like obsidian black ,Tenorite grey and brilliant blue . I think silver makes a new car look older than it is and I can not stand white cars years ago no one had white cars now because it's so called fashionable every one seem to have one but some people are like sheep ..this is my opinion I would like to see what people think ...opinions please

I prefer dark colours with light interiors. Not a fan of silver but it is a good colour for hiding paint defects.

Can't stand white unless it's a metallic, even then I don't think I could live with it.

I prefer dark colours with light interiors. Not a fan of silver but it is a good colour for hiding paint defects.

Can't stand white unless it's a metallic, even then I don't think I could live with it.
I am with you there :thumb:that's why I ordered brilliant blue with crystal gray leather ,great combo IMO

I know Mercedes don't have many colours , but what colours do people like and hate , I like obsidian black ,Tenorite grey and brilliant blue . I think silver makes a new car look older than it is and I can not stand white cars years ago no one had white cars now because it's so called fashionable every one seem to have one but some people are like sheep ..this is my opinion I would like to see what people think ...opinions please

I have ordered a white car as you know.... a solid white in fact but im far from a sheep! :doh: - I prefered the polar white to the Diamond as it was a lot brighter where as the diamond looked a bit off white / cream with a slight yellow tinge in the overcast day I looked side by side.

Reason... having had cars in Grey, Blue, Red, Black and silver over the last 6 years i did not want to go for a repeat colour.

Out of all the colours I have had, I prefer Silver or Grey but as im currently in a grey car at the moment did not want to repeat and would of meant paying extra to do so too.... I liked my A4 in Blue but thought the colour aged.

Talking interiors... i do like light ones... but, with a young family the thought of shoes, sweets, drinks and general wear and tear... did not fancy going light and with white it would not of worked... if red was avaialble i would of gone for that.

Horses for courses and all.

Last edited:
I like the look of an slk 55AMG in caravansite blue with sahara beige leather:thumb: I have seen one with this but alas it's not my time yet:(
But 1 day.....

Tony.

I have ordered a white car as you know.... a solid white in fact but im far from a sheep! :doh: - I prefered the polar white to the Diamond as it was a lot brighter where as the diamond looked a bit off white / cream with a slight yellow tinge in the overcast day I looked side by side.

Reason... having had cars in Grey, Blue, Red, Black and silver over the last 6 years i did not want to go for a repeat colour.

Out of all the colours I have had, I prefer Silver or Grey but as im currently in a grey car at the moment did not want to repeat and would of meant paying extra to do so too.... I liked my A4 in Blue but thought the colour aged.

Horses for courses and all.
Bah bah ..only joking if you like it that's fine ,Diffrent strokes for Diffrent folks :thumb:

Prefer dark paintwork with light interior or light paintwork with dark interior.

No greens or reds and I have a pathological hatred of grey.

I think brighter colours are making a come-back.
Not terribly unusually bright colours - but reds and blues are definitely back in. No doubt green will appear soon too.

I chose to go red (Hyacinth Red) only to have something slightly different that will help me spot my car in the monochrome car park.

However, that said, my wife likes her dark silvery grey car. Blends in with other cars and doesn't require frequent washing.
My current car is dark pearlescent blue - and it's a b*gger to keep clean!

Obsidian Black, Brilliant Blue or Diamond White for me. The advantage with Diamond White is the contrast of the black roof on Premium models - that combination looks great in my mind. That said, I ordered Obsidian Black because it was cheaper than Diamond White. My favourite is actually Brilliant Blue but my wife hates blue cars (not sure why) so I decided it wasn't worth her wrath every time we went out as a family

I remember solid brown cars ,don't think they will come back :D

Had black Beemers they looked fabulous when just detailed , but alas the look didn't last long unless you dedicated a lot of time on them . The Silver Coupe with flamenco red interior needs much less work to keep looking good but you don't get that gloss wet look on silver, or at least I can't ;)

Did you know... You can order the C350e in Germany in brown

iris
I know and I love it ,just wish it was available in uk but its not solid brown tho

I like red. (even though it's not my favourite colour).

I've seen some E and S classes in a really deep rich red, kind of like the colour of a sugar dummy. No idea what it's called, but it looks a lot nicer than my solid red.

I'm really not bothered about colour, I tend to buy used and colour sits far down the list behind age, mileage, service history, condition etc.

Fashions for such things change over time.

Colour is a funny thing. What looks good on one car looks kak on another.

My C220 was Calcite White, and looked glorious, but it seems now that every other car is white. Some cars look great in white, such as the Mondeo, Audi A7 etc, yet some don't suit the colour.

Silver is another colour that looks kak on some cars, yet seems to suit Mercs. Mind you, there are now three distinct silvers to choose from. My CLS is Iridium Silver, and looks gorgeous. At different times of the day, it changes from a silver hue to a gold hue, then back again.

My CLK was Cubanite, a sort of Champagne colour, which was fashionable at the time, but old hat nowadays.

Colours are like fashion. They come and they go. White is the classic example of a colour that was in during the 80's, then out for the next two decades, and is now back in again.

Personally, when choosing a colour, I prefer to see the car in the colour, to make sure that the vehicle suits the colour.

(Ironically, I hate silver, yet when I saw my current car in silver, I just had to have it. Shape definitely enhances or detracts from a colour).

Mercedes Designo Black Purple for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom