Mercedes connect me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay2512

Car
X253 - GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus
Has anyone used this service?

I've had my car registered and had a little play.... However not sure if or how you can send information to the command for say a destination I want to go to in the morning?

Last edited:
It's worth noting that those consumption numbers are US gallons so it'll look slightly worse. There's no option for imperial gallons from what I can see. Bravo MB.

To send directions from Google Maps using a full fat browser, take a look at this:
https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3500417?hl=en

I used my VIN as the 'Device ID'

On an iDevice, you'll need this £3 app:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/send-to-car/id623123860

There's also a free compatibility app to test it first:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/send-to-car-compatibility/id635651528

It has its own instructions so I won't duplicate them here. You can send maps from Apple Maps and Google Maps (the former is easier as it has a dedicated button).

With regards retrieving these in the car, it's a bit of a PITA. Unless you have a lot, it's more hassle than manually inputting IMHO.

You go Nav > Destination > From Mercedes-Benz Apps > POI Download (third option from the bottom).

At this point it will try and establish an Internet connection so you'll need to sure your phone is tethered. Take around 5 seconds and it'll come back with all the POIs you've sent it.

More useful information on "Connect Me" - Thank you

Steve:thumb:

S205-FTW said:
It's worth noting that those consumption numbers are US gallons so it'll look slightly worse. There's no option for imperial gallons from what I can see. Bravo MB. To send directions from Google Maps using a full fat browser, take a look at this: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/3500417?hl=en I used my VIN as the 'Device ID' On an iDevice, you'll need this £3 app: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/send-to-car/id623123860 There's also a free compatibility app to test it first: https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/send-to-car-compatibility/id635651528 It has its own instructions so I won't duplicate them here. You can send maps from Apple Maps and Google Maps (the former is easier as it has a dedicated button). With regards retrieving these in the car, it's a bit of a PITA. Unless you have a lot, it's more hassle than manually inputting IMHO. You go Nav > Destination > From Mercedes-Benz Apps > POI Download (third option from the bottom). At this point it will try and establish an Internet connection so you'll need to sure your phone is tethered. Take around 5 seconds and it'll come back with all the POIs you've sent it.

Thank you. I still haven't managed to tether my phone which I understand is due to it being on O2 causes issues.

Is anyone having any joy with the connect me service.

I collected my W205 2 weeks ago, and the dealer activated the service today.
When I log in it only details the following 5 services.

ConnectM1_zpsmpth9ans.png

When I log into the App I can't get any Live data, but based on the services I have available I don't know if will be able to receive Live Data i.e MPG etc.

ConnectMe2_zpsyrb7uaac.png

paul.goffin said:
Is anyone having any joy with the connect me service. I collected my W205 2 weeks ago, and the dealer activated the service today. When I log in it only details the following 5 services. When I log into the App I can't get any Live data, but based on the services I have available I don't know if will be able to receive Live Data i.e MPG etc.

Not sure on the spec of your car but I have 11 services active:

S205 C250 Bluetec AMG Line - Premium Plus

Last edited:

S212 E350 Bluetec - I also have 11 Services active all viewable on android and desktop PC.

Steve

PS - I have sent an enquiry to the Connect Me services to see if they will ever have Imperial measurements available on the system to go with the US and Metric.

I shall post up any response I get.

Has anyone got the "tracking" to work all I can get is where the car currently is not any history?

Steve

I too have 11 services active and all viewable on an O2 android phone and desktop. When all registered [yesterday] took a little while to come up on phone. But now all is good. I like locking/unlocking my motor from my mobile phone!!

A little more digging around and I find that there is more data available for Hybrids. I have not seen this but apparently it is to do with the infrastructures involved in the Electrical controls of hybrids.

I can find no Mercedes Apps for my car though anybody else found any?

Wow.. it works, can send destinations to the car from the phone app or the laptop :)

I have a W205 C200 AMG Line - Standard.
So it would appear it doesn't have all the options.

Mine appeared when I went to "Mercedes Apps" and then selected "download POI" and it was in there, just select from the list..

SLKGirl said:
Mine appeared when I went to "Mercedes Apps" and then selected "download POI" and it was in there, just select from the list..

How did you send poi to the car? Did you have to have the car connect to your phones Internet to download it?

How did you send poi to the car? Did you have to have the car connect to your phones Internet to download it?

Correct... then I went to Download POI in Mercedes Apps and it was there

Hello...this is my first post.

I have been trying out the 'send address to car' function on the Mercedes Me app, however, i don't understand why the address doesn't appear right away on the comand screen as a prompt/message when i get into the car...why do i have to connect the command system to the internet then download it as a POI??? isn't that long winded and defeats the point of the convenience of sending the address from the app in the first place...??

...or is there another way??

For me, I just have to ensure I have bluetooth enabled on my phone and the car had a previous connection to my phone.

So when I get into the car the address that you sent (earlier to the car) gets sent from your phone to the car as soon as it re-establishes a bluetooth connection.

The car's screen displays do you want to accept the address (can't remember the exact words) and you press OK on the car and it goes into sat nav mode.

Between free and £45 ish. Some dealers are giving them away.

Did you have to purchase a Mercedes Me Adapter? If so, how much was it?

Only for older cards. Newer ones come with the functionality. You can check your car on the Mercedes website. In the Mercedes Me area there's a link to put your reg number in. Mine just worked after I downloaded the app and put the car on my Mercedes Me account

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom