Mercedes connect me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swale

Car
c43 amg cab'
Is it possible to change the units on the app from Km to miles?

I notice a function send address to say nav I can send but don't see it in the car where does it go?

Yes it in the 'settings' somewhere.
You need to choose U.S. from memory.

Annoying the default is KM and you need to switch.
(But on desktop it is in Miles)

When you send the destinations to your car, your car has to retrieve it.

First you need to ensure your car is tethered to your phone/tablet/hotspot connection and then you need to launch the MB apps and launch the app to get an address. This then loads it to the car sat nav.

image attached

Attachments

• mbapp.jpg
    mbapp.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 47
Thanks for that I've changed it on the online app but can't change it on the iOS app :-(

With sending the sat nav address do you mean you have to be connected to cars wifi to do it so it can't be done remotely in the same way you can unlock the doors etc from afar?

You can send the address remotely from your phone.
The address goes to the connect me servers.

You car doesn't know about it yet, and in the car you then need to retrieve the address from the server using a MB app that gets new addresses in the 'MB Apps' menu. (An unnecessary step in my view, but skin to getting new email)

But maybe I'm doing it wrong.

This seems a good way http://www.digitaltrends.com/apple/mercedes-benz-mb-companion-app-news-specs/

I'm really struggling with this on my car. I have the app and create the address which then allows me to send to vehicle. However, I have no idea and cant find any info on how I actually receive the destination when I get in my car. Ive been to the sat nav settings and looked everywhere, but I just cant retrieve them. Am I missing something? The car is obviously speaking with my phone app as the fuel and mileage show up as they should. My car is a 2016 C Class.

Any help would be really appreciated.

I too struggled massively with getting the info from the app to the sat nav, what i found was I needed to enable personal hotspot on my phone, and then under MB Apps select something like "download from server". it then used my phone to connect to the internet and download the address i input from the website.

The whole process is so messy, its quicker just to tap in a post code. Wont be using that again in a hurry!

If you have the new Mercedes App, if you send the address to your car

when you get into your car with your bluetooth already paired, a message will automatically pop up on your car's central display with asks if you want to accept the address from your phone. You accept and the navigation fires up with the address pre programmed and you simply click 'start' on the navigation.

'slightly misleading' as the phone has't sent it to the car, you have to accept it in the car before it sends.
The sending mechanism is via bluetooth, so I guess it can't send if you are too far away! (and the car is off)

Last edited:
I had a go at sending an address to the car via the MercedesMe app yesterday. Like much of the MB Comand and infotainment stuff, it is rubbish. MercedesMe prompted for a search and found the place fine - tourist attraction with its own line in the search results list, and I chose Send To Car. Eventually the address sent came through via bringing down the destinations 'Via MB Apps', but the Navi then rejected it as the data MercedesMe had sent was insufficient. Looked like it had sent a postcode but MB hasn't got its formats sorted, so yet another huge disappointment, one of a growing list. At least the car still functions more or less as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom