Mercedes connect me

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyMercUK

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI AMG SPORT
Hi all, Looking for some advice. I've had army CLA for 4 weeks now, the car has been activated on connect me but I'm getting the error 'Mercedes-Benz apps unavailable' when I select Internet radio or Mercedes Benz apps.

The connection with the phone is all good and can see the hotspot is paired up and working. Does anyone have any ideas?

Last edited:
Hi all, Looking for some advice. I've had army CLA for 4 weeks now, the car has been activated on connect me but I'm getting the error 'Mercedes-Benz apps unavailable' when I select Internet radio or Mercedes Benz apps.

The connection with the phone is all good and can see the hotspot is paired up and working. Does anyone have any ideas?

You are probably on Three or O2 network which have reports of not being compatible. My Three SIM does not work but EE SIM is fine. I think I have read that O2 have changed something, and owners may be OK with their MB internet

Sorry forgot to add. I'm on the Vodafone network and the Mercedes apps work fine in the wife's a class

It took a while to set itself up and nothing seemed to happen so we left it alone, had a cuppa, then switched all off and on and then the apps came up. Mind you, very little there to get excited about, the whole comand experience is one of incredulous disappointment. MB need to let German engineers do the car and bring in others to handle the infotainment side.

I'll be looking to buy the Mercedes me adapter when it's released in the UK. I believe it gives you features that command does ie. Remote lock

My 3 phone works fine

Car is tethered to your 3 network iPhone using it's internet connection to power the car's apps like maps, internet radio, and the car's web browser?
(not that you would use the car's internet browser as it is so slow to use).

jonnyMercUK, did you manage to get your MB Apps working? I've had my A Class over a year now and have the same problem as you regarding the "Mercedes Benz Apps Unavailable" message. The Phone (A Sony Xperia X Compact) is connected via Bluetooth to the Command 20 system and Bluetooth Tethering is enabled, I've also tried connecting via the personal hotspot. Initially I gave up trying to get it working when I owned a Sony Z3 Compact but thought I'd give it a go again as I've recently changed Phones. Like you I'm on Vodafone and every other part of Me Connect works apart from the Apps and the Internet radio. Oddly enough when I de-authorised my phone as part of troubleshooting I tried to pair the phone via the Internet Menu and it couldn't find the phone despite Bluetooth/tethering being turned on etc. However, when you re-join the phone via the Telephone Menu it found the phone immediately, therefore I believe there may be something amiss with the comms module in the car. Both phones I've used so as fully compatible on the Command Website with regards to internet/bluetooth tethering. I've even factory reset Command which made no difference either.

Liam

Do you have COMAND Online or Audio20?

Do you have COMAND Online or Audio20?

Sorry I should have made this clear, Yes the car has the full Premium Plus Pack including Audio20/Command Online.

Liam

I don't think you can have both Audio20 and COMAND Online... I believe it's either one or the other....

I don't think you can have both Audio20 and COMAND Online... I believe it's either one or the other....

Apologies again my brain is fried! It is COMMAND Online that I have which is the larger screen which I believe is also the Tom Tom System. The Audio20 system has a smaller screen with the Garmin MAP PILOT System.

Liam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom