Mercedes Covid Information.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abcan

Car
S212 250CDI 2012
I received an email from MB UK regarding missed services due to CV. If you haven’t already seen it the main part is below.

4B544275-63A3-4D79-BEB5-174DD4E3728B.png

Yes I got the same email yesterday.

One consideration might be, that although there’s a grace period for servicing not affecting the warranty, as well as the government 6-month MOT test extension, if you have a warranty on your car you might want the service and/or MOT carried out before expiry of your warranty period, as it could uncover faults/issues that may have otherwise been covered. In other words, although the warranty won’t be affected by a service that’s a few months late, it might be worthwhile getting it done before your warranty runs out.

Eg - my GL is due a service and MOT in May, but I bought it approved used from MB with a 2-year warranty in July last year, so it seems worthwhile keeping the servicing and MOT up to date rather than letting it slip a few months - I want it inspected/serviced to schedule so that it’s done before the warranty runs out :thumb:

Likewise if I had a new car I’d probably want it serviced/MOT’d prior to the manufacturer’s (3-year) warranty period passing - if that means doing it a week or two early then it’s probably worthwhile IMHO.

Everyone’s circumstances will be different of course but it seems worth keeping it up to date for me, although it’s nice to know where you stand with MB if you can’t get it done in time :cool:

None of my Mercedes are young enough to be in warranty, we do however have a 2018 Mini Cooper Clubman 2.0S among my children's cars; that was due it's 2 year service in late March, but was cancelled when the lock-down kicked in.

It turned 2 years old last Sunday 19th, does anyone know if the same applies to BMW. since to most intents and purposes, that's what the current generation of Mini's really are; quite a nippy little beggar to drive into town, albeit a tad firm on occasions for some I suspect.

Looks like a 3 month extension.

Most helpful Abcan - although a date always helps!!, the page will not print to PDF, so duly bookmarked;
now why could I not find that hidden among all their great mountains of new sales and promotion offers ....... :)

Be well, many thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom