Mercedes Customer Service Fail

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeeCee

Car
Amg c63s coupe w205, VClass V250, Golf r32, Landrover defender
Hi,

So yesterday i went to pick up a brand new ML350 with my dad, its the designo one and hes ticked every meaningful box (And a few pointless ones)!

Anyway on the way back from Nottingham to London 4 error messages popped up and remain still

Distronic
Lane Keeping
Pre Braking Assisiut
Blind Spot Assist

I called up MB customer service today for my dad thinking that they'd dropping off a loan car and getting it sorted as quickly as possible, ben from CS wasn't interested and the upshot is no loan car and a three week wait just for a diagnostic....

im beyond annoyed for my dad !! am i being unreasonable ?

I have a 2015 v class for the kids and im in the process of ordering a c63s.

I really want to cancel the c63 order but they wont care, and i really want it ...

any ideas on what i can do for my dad ?

thanks to all

Did you contact your nearest dealer regarding the problem? Have they looked at the car? I agree that the MB Customer Service are a bit of a joke. I had a bad experience with them refusing warranty work. I found that if you have an understanding local dealer like I did it is better to get it escalated through them.

Liam

That's ridiculous. They should have made this a priority to repair, or to be honest, replace. Does the Sale of Goods Act apply here?

It's frustrating and bad timing by all accounts. March is a busy month as all the customers who picked their cars up last march and the march before will be booked in for servicing.

Try and remain calm, the issue isn't safety related and will no doubt be in and out in no time. Regarding your order, just order it. Surely you're not gonna fall out with the brand cos a sensor has sh't itself and your old man can't use blind spot info for a couple of weeks?

Has anyone also got the email address for Mr C Klein as my pants have a hole in and I feel he needs to know.

Cmon guys.

Did you contact your nearest dealer regarding the problem? Have they looked at the car? I agree that the MB Customer Service are a bit of a joke. I had a bad experience with them refusing warranty work. I found that if you have an understanding local dealer like I did it is better to get it escalated through them.

Liam

Hi - yes I did - we did not buy it locally so there not that interested and there is no way we're driving back to Nottingham!

Have you contacted the supplying dealer ?

They might be able to arrange something with a dealer near you ...

sounds like one of the bumper mounted radar sensors has gone down.
Shouldnt be a big deal for them to fix.

It's frustrating and bad timing by all accounts. March is a busy month as all the customers who picked their cars up last march and the march before will be booked in for servicing.

Try and remain calm, the issue isn't safety related and will no doubt be in and out in no time. Regarding your order, just order it. Surely you're not gonna fall out with the brand cos a sensor has sh't itself and your old man can't use blind spot info for a couple of weeks?

Has anyone also got the email address for Mr C Klein as my pants have a hole in and I feel he needs to know.

Cmon guys.

Perhaps you should complain to the Earl of March :D

Cmon guys.

Hey - I agree largely . This morning I was super cool about it , but merc CS were totally uninterested, we hadn't to do all the chasing and that's not right. It's a major purchase for my dad as he's had a tough year and this happening has taken off the gloss of what was supposed to be a treat. Also if I was the CEO of Calvin Klein and your pants had a hole in them after an hour , I'd want to know. Especially if the people I'd charged with keeping our customers happy apparently couldn't give a s£!t

That's ridiculous. They should have made this a priority to repair, or to be honest, replace. Does the Sale of Goods Act apply here?

I'd be happy if they just showed an interest in fixing it promptly !

Hi - yes I did - we did not buy it locally so there not that interested and there is no way we're driving back to Nottingham!
I would get it to a dealer closer to where your father lives and get them to look at it if possible. From experience I would say give your local dealership a chance to put it right, if you have problems escalate it internally with the dealer. In my case MB CS wouldn't replace a faulty seat belt as they claimed it was fair wear and tear (car only six months old with 3,000 on the clock). MB CS wouldn't budge however after escalating it within the dealership the Regional Director got things moving for me and got the seat belt replaced under warranty. My Dad even got a discount on his C Class service that was due around the same time.

Liam

Last edited:
Thanks - I will try that again tomorrow ! Just assumed they would all be in competition..

Have you contacted the supplying dealer ?

They might be able to arrange something with a dealer near you ...

Hi will try that again tomorrow - thanks

Phone up the mobilo care and say the car have come up with a load of errors and you don't want to drive it. Should get it recovered and a hire car dropped off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey - I agree largely . This morning I was super cool about it , but merc CS were totally uninterested, we hadn't to do all the chasing and that's not right. It's a major purchase for my dad as he's had a tough year and this happening has taken off the gloss of what was supposed to be a treat. Also if I was the CEO of Calvin Klein and your pants had a hole in them after an hour , I'd want to know. Especially if the people I'd charged with keeping our customers happy apparently couldn't give a s£!t

I do emphasise and I do wish a speedy resolution for you.

MB customer service (central) is one thing but I've found resolving at a local level far easier. I have good relations with my dealer both in sales and aftercare and get looked after, therefore have never felt the need to escalate any higher when there is an issue.

I realise the distance from the supplying dealer is the issue and MB as a whole should be consistant across the country as you are a customer of all of theirs. Maybe try a couple of other local dealers, explain the dissappointment and try and worm your way in quicker. It's just a shame you haven't got the backing of the supplying sales department fighting your corner to get resolved ASAP.

I know Carwow (at a guess due to the distance) saves money, but old fashioned relationships are difficult to put a price on IMO.

Phone up the mobilo care and say the car have come up with a load of errors and you don't want to drive it. Should get it recovered and a hire car dropped off.

Hi - tried this on the way down !! Even used the sos button .

It's a great call though ....

Might have another go

Just say you aren't confident in driving the car any further and as it is only a few days old, you would like a Mercedes trained technician to take a look and make sure the car is ok. Emphasise you are concerned and it is not what you are used to with the excellent Mercedes brand.

I do emphasise and I do wish a speedy resolution for you.

MB customer service (central) is one thing but I've found resolving at a local level far easier. I have good relations with my dealer both in sales and aftercare and get looked after, therefore have never felt the need to escalate any higher when there is an issue.

I realise the distance from the supplying dealer is the issue and MB as a whole should be consistant across the country as you are a customer of all of theirs. Maybe try a couple of other local dealers, explain the dissappointment and try and worm your way in quicker. It's just a shame you haven't got the backing of the supplying sales department fighting your corner to get resolved ASAP.

I know Carwow (at a guess due to the distance) saves money, but old fashioned relationships are difficult to put a price on IMO.

Hey - thanks for the message and again I largely agree with you. That being said my dad saved 13k by not buying in london and I checked with mb CS if there was any service issue not buying locally and they assured me they were a national company. I value relationships- but I also value 13 k !! Central CS lack of interest is the issue - if they pretended that they were trying I'd be ok ...!

They know I'm in the process of speccing another cas so might put a call
In tomorrow

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom