Mercedes dealer reviews - how do they rate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just discovered that Google has ratings for Mercedes dealers, based on reviews of each individual dealer. (Sorry if this is well known - I've only just come across it.)

For example, here's the page for reviews of Mercedes Southampton.

What I'm wondering is whether there's a list somewhere of the overall ratings scores for all Mercedes dealers. If not, maybe someone with a flair for programming could work out how to create a list from the Google reviews and put it on this site for the benefit of members.

Or if that's too complicated, maybe people could add the rating for their local dealer to this thread. It would be good to have easy access to how dealers across the country are rated, without having to look for each one separately on Google.

Without ratings from numerous customers over a period of time its going to be very subjective. You would also have divide ratings into sales, service and parts- since people may only experience one of these aspects of the dealer organisation. Experience may also vary with the age of the car where modern car owners within warranty may have an entirely different experience from those owning older models. Dealerships also change hands with time which may markedly affect the emphasis placed on customer satisfaction v profitability. Not saying its a bad idea but without a standardised approach its value may be limited. :dk:

You're right that this wouldn't be very scientific. It would just provide a quick comparison of how other customers had rated particular dealers.

For example:

Mercedes Plymouth gets a rating of of 4.2 (see page here)
Mercedes Southampton gets 2.8 (see page here)

You'd have to leave it to the reader's judgement as to whether there was any significance in the different ratings.

Mercedes used to publish the satisfaction score on the website of each of it's dealers.

I've just discovered that Google has ratings for Mercedes dealers, based on reviews of each individual dealer. (Sorry if this is well known - I've only just come across it.)

For example, here's the page for reviews of Mercedes Southampton.

What I'm wondering is whether there's a list somewhere of the overall ratings scores for all Mercedes dealers. If not, maybe someone with a flair for programming could work out how to create a list from the Google reviews and put it on this site for the benefit of members.

Or if that's too complicated, maybe people could add the rating for their local dealer to this thread. It would be good to have easy access to how dealers across the country are rated, without having to look for each one separately on Google.

Our dealership gets 2.6

It's not really a review platform that anyone uses, so the only reviews we tend to get are from people that are trying to slate us on everything. Not really an accurate picture imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yip sadly it's normally only a few individuals who had a problem can be bothered to review, folks who've had good service generally don't bother so it's hardly balanced nor objective

Yip sadly it's normally only a few individuals who had a problem can be bothered to review, folks who've had good service generally don't bother so it's hardly balanced nor objective

That's what I would have thought, which would make you expect that all dealers would get a one-star review. So maybe it's surprising that Mercedes Plymouth gets 4.2 out of five. Perhaps there are some people who are willing to recognise good service, as well as complaining about bad service. I expect there are members of this forum who would be willing to say thank you if they'd had good service. But I expect you're right that most don't get around to doing it.

I checked 3 dealers I frequent and all have 4.6-4.7 review score. The highest score is for my local one but it seems reviews mention mostly purchase experience, not service. I never had bad experience with any MB dealer, but at times wasn't able to get fixes I expected. That's why I chose to go to 3 different dealers if I can't get want I want with one of them.

For purchase I choose the one that's offering the best deal. Had great experience with Leeds Fleet salesman, good with Guildford before it changed ownership so not sure if it's still good. I think the worst was with Stoke on Trent key account manager but person who did handover was nice and knowledgeable. Got SLK from Southampton and it was pleasant transaction. Went there without any appointment and got test drive and made the deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom