Mercedes diagnostic tool

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Terry B

Car
C180K
Hi all, I new to the forum, my Mercedes '03 C180K has just developed a fault, there is a problem with the idle, another post later !.

I thought it would be the right time to buy a Mercedes diagnostic tool, can anyone recommend one from all the ones advertised on ebay ?.

Regards Terry

Why not make an effort and do a search you'll find lots of info

Hi & welcome Terry :thumb: Can't help you with the diagnostic though - sorry!

Davidsw, I have made a search, I asking if anyone could recommend one.

Regards Terry

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the forum.

I suppose the answer to your question depends on your budget and desired result of utilising the tool - i.e. do you want something simple to allow you to see main codes and, perhaps clear an odd error due to, say jump starting the battery, or do you want an almost STAR capability (won't be cheap)?

I mentioned jump starting the battery for a reason - had to make a similar decision you're facing: either go to a main dealer or an indy and pay between £60 and £130 to clear engine diagnostic light following my [old] battery going flat, or to get a simple OBDII tool to DIY. I got the £34-something D900 tool from Amazon and am glad I did - cleared the fault without any complications. Essentially I bought the tool for a single operation, so having it is a bonus, as far as I am concerned. If I didn't know the nature of the fault or the reason for it, I would've most certainly gone to a professional for a proper STAR diagnostics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom