Mercedes "Diesel Emissions" claims?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter103

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
E 350 Bluetec Prem+Coupe.
Wondering if any members on here are involved in compensation claims with Mercedes regarding emissions claims.
Who is acting for you? How much do they deduct of anything you may get? Or, would it be best to wait and see the outcome of the main court case, then go it alone in the perhaps vain hope of some success and at what cost to yourself?
(If there is already a thread on subject please delete / ignore)

Wondering if any members on here are involved in compensation claims with Mercedes regarding emissions claims.
Who is acting for you? How much do they deduct of anything you may get? Or, would it be best to wait and see the outcome of the main court case, then go it alone in the perhaps vain hope of some success and at what cost to yourself?
I was amazed to see an outfit advertising on the TV for this. I don’t do have a diesel so this isn’t something I know much about.

I'm on my third MB diesel since 2013 , and I really couldn't give a rat's ar** about the claims. I can't remember once thinking about how much crap my engine is going to emit into the atmosphere , must have been distracted by all the planes criss crossing the skies every day.
Would I have chosen another car if I knew , no way , so what am I suing MB for ????

[/QQUO
Thank you Mr Grober, just read through some posts from July this year, I must have been busy at the time and missed it.
Mind you, having read it I'm not really any the wiser as to how to proceed or not. Since 2000, I've owned seven mercedes, five of those come in the 2008 / 2019 dates required for claims, one of which an E220 coupe I returned to Tonbridge dealer due to gearbox and limp mode problems after owning for 3/4 months, yes it can be done but took a lot of meetings with head of Tonbridge honcho, who eventually succumbed to the strangle hold I held him in, colloquially speaking, lol. Hey ho Sh1t happens!, It's how we deal with it that matters. Think I'll wait, see what pans out, and play it by ear. 👍

Seems like you are not allowed to mention claiming from MB or your moral compass will be brought into question :wallbash: . OTH it is ok for MB to fleece you as much as they want on anything from parts & services, to providing very poor customer service,

FWIW I think you will be best off waiting to hear the findings of the main court case and take it from there, the main law firm currently trying to get clients on board to bolster the claim has been discussed on the original thread, the T&C's are quite in depth and take up to 50% of the claim paid out, from my understanding.

Seems to me like Leigh Day are representing owners of cars with ad blue, bluetec only, I've had two 350s with ad blue tanks. The other crowd (the 50%lot) say all mercs from 08 to19, so which is it? Leigh Day want 30% Inc, vat. Think I'll sit back and see what transpires.

Please use existing thread linked above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom