Mercedes 'Dieselgate'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
Although nothing new the Legal challenge worldwide Re: Mercedes Benz side of 'defeat devices' on various diesel models appears to be gaining ground if various news sources are to be believed.

Two prominent legal companies here in the UK are filing class action suits on behalf of 10000 UK owners (so far) , Daimler have already paid fines in Germany , the USA and Canadian authorities are investigating . Up to half a million vehicles are suspect , including GLC, E ,SLK, G , M Class and Sprinter models.

They are talking 'tip of the iceberg' ...this will not end well for Daimler AG. It would be naive to think that only VW came up with defeat devices so my guess is there is more to come....

I'm curious how it affects owners that didn't purchase direct from MB...

I have a Sprinter that falls within the years they are talking about but if I am honest, I love my stretched limo (Sprinter van) and would feel dishonest if I jumped onto this band wagon. Who here believes fuel consumption figures? Years ago a car's speedometer was always 5 - 10% inaccurate to perhaps fool the owner into thinking their pride and joy was faster than it actually was. Did we sue the manufacturers?. I guarantee the person or company making the most money out of this action will be the lawyers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom