Mercedes, dont you just love them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kjgood

Car
Currently w211 E240, Porsche 911 C2 Cab, oh and a Fiesta
Recently posted regarding my W211 E Class multi function display that went very wrong during the snow.

Have driven the car every day, not long distances but it has been used. Recently also had an issue with the folding mirrors, the normal wires breaking.

This morning as I was walking to the car, i said to my wife maybe its time to think about replacing the car as little niggles are starting to appear now.

Key went in and lo and behold the MFS which had been unreadable when i got out of the car the evening before, was back to its normal self.

Spooky!

Its to do with the ribbon cable in the speedo, with the change in the temp it will be expanding and contracting. It's a common problem but more so with the w210. BMW X5 suffer the same with the cluster & MID.

Have a google about and you'll find repair places and replacement ribbons. I also posted a link in another thread on how to strip the W210 dash and repair but I didn't do any soldering just used toothpicks to put put pressure on the rippon.

In response to the subject title..... yes, I might go and get another one!!! :D

Is that in any way helpfull to the op or is just an attempt to get your post count up? :wallbash:

I didn't realise the op was looking for help? Pot....... kettle.... black!:doh:
The problem will return and seeing as it's been posted in technical>electronics and not in the off topic im sure it'll be helpfully to him.

Don't worry your be able to pm soon by the way your going :bannana:.

Last edited:
I do apologise

If my reporting of the fact that the issue of the multi function display clearing itself as several fellow members said it would in my original post, caused any offense to new members.

Personally, i think that if a member has a similar issue, the report that the issue does clear itself with patience, would be helpful.

On a lighter note. :D

I think the wife quietly fixed it to stop you buying another car. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom