Mercedes driver - how not to win friends and influence

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
Oh dear....

[YOUTUBE]lv92NRD9uuo#![/YOUTUBE]

A knob for sure , but it's got legs on the straights !!! :eek:

To my shame I must admit I can not tell for sure......is it a SL55AMG?

Last edited:
sl63 driven by someone not capable of track driving thats for sure

Quick on the straights but no match in the bends. Probably doens't make him / her feel good being outdoen but sometimes you have to let it go.

So in order for that driver to nail the Merc on the straights - would it be a case of waiting for all the other cars to disappear ahead and then going for it?

The Merc driver should have slowed down on the straights to allow the otherwise faster cars to overtake.

He broke several track day rules:
1. Not letting the faster car overtake
2. Overtaking on the right
3. Driving beyond his skill level

Fantastic drive! What he should have done is back up everybody approaching the slow corners...then nail it hard as the track straightens! Its called EGO RACING!!! :)

Sorry, I'm thick. I don't do track days, but what exactly is the problem in this clip. Seems like a few people using the road, and not overtaking when they have the opportunity?

Sorry, I'm thick. I don't do track days, but what exactly is the problem in this clip. Seems like a few people using the road, and not overtaking when they have the opportunity?

EXACTLY!!!:devil:

tasn , its a shame you think like that , the SL63 driver is selfish , everyone has paid their money for the day and wants to have fun. To be honest he isn't a particularly good driver , and is actually driving pretty dangerously.

Any idiot with a **** load of power can win a race on a straight section of road , but if you can't handle the twisties , move out of the way.

He blocks them in the corners ( when they could conceivably overtake him as their cars handle better , can brake later etc )

And then gives it the beans on the straights where they don't have enough power to pass him , thereby keeping them behind.

He's lucky someone didn't chin him in the pits.

Last edited:
Surely the solution would be to drop back to create some space then go for your flying lap the same as they have to find space in F1 practice. Simples :D

He/she needs to learn some track day etiquette pretty fast. He/she thinks it's a race to see who is the fastest out there. Track days are not about that at all.

It is not a race. It is not about being the fastest and best. It is about learning to drive around a track correctly and safely and learning.

They obviously ignored everything that was said at the talk before the session began.

Ignorance and heroism has no place on the race track.

sl63 driven by someone not capable of track driving thats for sure

Everyone has to have a first time on the track. I remember my first runs i was krappin meself till i got the way of it, it may have been this persons first time how many of you remember your first run.. George.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom