Mercedes E Class C207 low beam to short.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fiamin

Car
Mercedes-Benz E Class 350 Coupe
My low beam lights dont do adaptive thing and working just to short. How to manually change the distance ? What could be possible reason anyone came across that issue ? I do think that some sensor may be dead how much it could possibly cost to fix it.

Which lights have you got as there are more than one type.

The only way to change the distance is to change the height or the amount of light emitted. Height you can only change if they are currently set too low. So that's where to start, have the alignment checked to make sure they are not set too low. If it should have the self levelling then I believe the do go low if a sensor has failed for safety purpose,.

If you have the halogen setup, you could look at different bulbs if it is aligned correctly.

Bi xenon ones I do think that sensor fail and thats why. But before I will visit any garage I would like to set them manually.

Which lights have you got as there are more than one type.

The only way to change the distance is to change the height or the amount of light emitted. Height you can only change if they are currently set too low. So that's where to start, have the alignment checked to make sure they are not set too low. If it should have the self levelling then I believe the do go low if a sensor has failed for safety purpose,.

If you have the halogen setup, you could look at different bulbs if it is aligned correctly.

If they are too short adjusting them up is the only thing to change them...more powerful lamps will not change the length of the beam one iota.

If they are too short adjusting them up is the only thing to change them...more powerful lamps will not change the length of the beam one iota.

Not necessarily, old halogen cars with correctly aligned headlights can (and people do) extend the beam with better bulbs as the old ones run out of reach due to output, not due to angle.

But, given the OP has has the self levelling Xenon's its not relevant here as the issue will most likely be that they are in the low position due to the system failing.

Not sure if there is a manual override on these, never needed to look. Will try to look in WIS later if I get the chance. Unless someone knows off hand.

Somone said that you can do it manually. Will post picture later on. How lamps are mounted and what I got there.

Last edited:
ty58iuygh3n0.jpg

Thats how does it looks any idea where to put screwdriver :) :fail

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom