Mercedes E Class Coupe delays

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PhilMerc12

Car
E class Coupe 300d 4Matic
Hi

I ordered an E Class Coupe 300d 4Matic, night edition, premium plus with driving assistance pack in September 2021 and it has still not allocated a build slot. Anyone else having the same issue? I have been told it is nothing to do with semi conductor shortages and the delay is linked to the panoramic roof.

Thanks

Hey, I’m in a similar situation. I ordered a E450 4matic premium plus Night edition with driving assistance pack in August 2021 and still have no build slot at the factory. Originally the timeframe for delivery was March / April. All I’ve been told is that there still isn’t any availability of that particular engine / shortage of semiconductors. As a consequence I was subject to the price increases that took affect on the 1st March, despite already having waited nearly 7 months for a build slot. The paint option alone went up £200, and the vehicle price by £2,075. After some research the price increases aren’t too bad considering the projected increase in costs of parts and paint over the course of the year, but not good after already waiting so long. The dealership have contacted MB UK head office to find additional info but they haven’t had a response and that was 2 weeks ago. If I hear anymore info on this I’ll let you know.

Hey, I’m in a similar situation. I ordered a E450 4matic premium plus Night edition with driving assistance pack in August 2021 and still have no build slot at the factory. Originally the timeframe for delivery was March / April. All I’ve been told is that there still isn’t any availability of that particular engine / shortage of semiconductors. As a consequence I was subject to the price increases that took affect on the 1st March, despite already having waited nearly 7 months for a build slot. The paint option alone went up £200, and the vehicle price by £2,075. After some research the price increases aren’t too bad considering the projected increase in costs of parts and paint over the course of the year, but not good after already waiting so long. The dealership have contacted MB UK head office to find additional info but they haven’t had a response and that was 2 weeks ago. If I hear anymore info on this I’ll let you know.
Any joy yet? I’ve been told I am number 1 in line for a build slot but no build date yet.

Hi , not wishing to be a kill joy but it would appear that Mercedes are ceasing to produce the E class coupe very soon ( and the c class coupe )

Are you caught up in the problem.

Really hope I am incorrect in my thoughts.

Any joy yet? I’ve been told I am number 1 in line for a build slot but no build date yet.
My son will soon have a low mileage AMG E53 (3 year old) for sale;).......The car he ordred was supposed to be delivered in March and he is now hoping it will arrive in July. He ordered it about 18 months ago.

Hello all!

We have good news! I had a phone call last week to confirm I now have a build slot with delivery being in October, 14 months from the point of ordering.

However, there is another price increase to the vehicle, the second one since ordering it 🙄 they are going to see what they can do in terms of a gesture of goodwill with the finance and awaiting what that looks like. Fingers crossed!

My son is in the same boat.

Accept that Porchce have more customers that they need or order another car and wait 18 months.

However he has extablished that delivery on MB high end EV is pretty good.

Shouldn't be allowed....you have a signed order form to supply it at certain price (I assume)...so that's the price it should be. I sell caravans and we usually get one price rise a year....we have has three so far this year!!!......but once a customer has signed the order and I've placed the order with Swift....that price is fixed....no matter how long delivery takes or how many price rises there are in the meantime, that's the price. That's how it should with Mercedes.....and how it was when I was selling VW/Audi for a living...... admittedly 20 years ago!!!!

I would have cancelled my order.. because they didn't supply..... at the price agreed.

I guess it depends on what it says on the back of the order form......that no-one reads!!!

Shouldn't be allowed....you have a signed order form to supply it at certain price (I assume)...so that's the price it should be. I sell caravans and we usually get one price rise a year....we have has three so far this year!!!......but once a customer has signed the order and I've placed the order with Swift....that price is fixed....no matter how long delivery takes or how many price rises there are in the meantime, that's the price. That's how it should with Mercedes.....and how it was when I was selling VW/Audi for a living...... admittedly 20 years ago!!!!

VAG still honour the price at point of confirmed order. Ours has been nearly 8 months waiting and they did agree the price/dealer contribution stays the same regardless of what goes on afterwards.

I know Mercedes don't honour the price and Lexus don't do this either. Not sure on BMW

Unfortunately it’s in the small print on the order form about price increases and spec changes. I did complain to MBUK customer services about MBUK increasing the price, especially as when the first one happened on March 1st which was 7 months after ordering (my first post on here) but to no avail due to the T’s & C’s. If the car had a build slot at the point of the price increases, then the original price would of been price protected.

On top of this, the spec changed too 🤦‍♂️ so it no longer comes with the intelligent LED headlights, but LED high performance instead, and the augmented reality sat nav is no longer on it. Other than that it faired really well in comparison to other models which had a larger number of spec changes. Another complaint went in to MBUK on the basis of more money, less car, but was given the global shortage of semiconductors and parts as the reason.

I did think about cancelling, but after waiting so long already I wasn’t going to give up now as there’s nothing out there that even compares to the E class coupé.

Still waiting to hear back to see if the dealership is able to offer any type of gesture of goodwill, we shall see…

Your do get small rebates for the missing items though......

Hello all!

We have good news! I had a phone call last week to confirm I now have a build slot with delivery being in October, 14 months from the point of ordering.

However, there is another price increase to the vehicle, the second one since ordering it 🙄 they are going to see what they can do in terms of a gesture of goodwill with the finance and awaiting what that looks like. Fingers crossed!
Reminds me of my time as a Car Salesman in a Ford Dealership in the 70's. Factory orders always incurred a price increase, The Ford ranges were subject to a price increase every three months :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it’s in the small print on the order form about price increases and spec changes. I did complain to MBUK customer services about MBUK increasing the price, especially as when the first one happened on March 1st which was 7 months after ordering (my first post on here) but to no avail due to the T’s & C’s. If the car had a build slot at the point of the price increases, then the original price would of been price protected.

On top of this, the spec changed too 🤦‍♂️ so it no longer comes with the intelligent LED headlights, but LED high performance instead, and the augmented reality sat nav is no longer on it. Other than that it faired really well in comparison to other models which had a larger number of spec changes. Another complaint went in to MBUK on the basis of more money, less car, but was given the global shortage of semiconductors and parts as the reason.

I did think about cancelling, but after waiting so long already I wasn’t going to give up now as there’s nothing out there that even compares to the E class coupé.

Still waiting to hear back to see if the dealership is able to offer any type of gesture of goodwill, we shall see…
Hi , My C207 has ILS and the head lights are superb !

If you can you need to drive both cars at night , not easy !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom