• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

Mercedes E350 Advice

I'm south coast and had to go to Liverpool to get it but worth the trip.
Hence the Liverpool plates.....

I think I would be looking hard at the subframe on any Northern sourced cars though......pretty car it must be said.

I upped my budget a little with a max of 8k. Had a look online and i reserved a 2010 W212 / 73K for £7700 - it "looks" a nice one.

FSH with recent gearbox service. MOT history checks out. It is only the 230bhp one but apart from that it ticks all the boxes, command audio / bluetooth audio etc.

Il go and look at it and if no good i get my deposit back, all done on credit card. Il update if/when i get it.

Don't worry about 230bhp you will still be enjoying 400lbs of torque, if you do want more a simple stage one will give you 290bhp and 470lbs of torque!

I upped my budget a little with a max of 8k. Had a look online and i reserved a 2010 W212 / 73K for £7700 - it "looks" a nice one.

FSH with recent gearbox service. MOT history checks out. It is only the 230bhp one but apart from that it ticks all the boxes, command audio / bluetooth audio etc.

Il go and look at it and if no good i get my deposit back, all done on credit card. Il update if/when i get it.
Look forward to it.

Hi fellow owners.... I just picked up a E350 saloon (2010). Done 74k, FSH (Most Merc) and has lots of history. Il post a couple of pics tomorrow as its dark now.

Only couple of things were scratches on roof and a slight rip in the drivers seat, apart from that it is pretty clean.

Couple of things i need to check tomorrow.

It "feels" like there is something plugged in the ODB port under the steering wheel with a thin cable soming off it but il have to check it tomorrow.
Need to replace a door projector as one works but isn't displaying correctly. I want original displaying ones as the ones say AMG Merc, which it isn't.
Remove some mirror and door handle covers that are stuck on, they look ok but i want it back to standard.
Bluetooth audio works fine but the display does say - playback paused (when it isn't) which was a bit weird.

Loved driving it home, was so smooth and fast. Was surprised at the temp reaching 75 ish but just read thats very normal for these.

Nice one! Marty, look forward to the pics. 🙂👍

Hi, here she is. Want to remove a few bits so she is as original as possible, door handles and wing mirror covers. So nice to drive.

Attachments

• PXL_20231119_101545192~2.jpg
    PXL_20231119_101545192~2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 40
The only concern i have is this. I haven't looked properly yet but possibly a tuning box plugged in. If it is, can these just be unplugged? Not over the moon if it is to be honest as id like it to be as standard as possible.

Attachments

• PXL_20231119_101758371~2.jpg
    PXL_20231119_101758371~2.jpg
    945.6 KB · Views: 31
The only concern i have is this. I haven't looked properly yet but possibly a tuning box plugged in. If it is, can these just be unplugged? Not over the moon if it is to be honest as id like it to be as standard as possible.
Just traced it, its a tracker i think. 😀

Hi friends,

So had the E350 a couple of weeks now, my takeaway is that it is so smooth!!!

I made a list of a few things i wanted to do, remove chrome bits that had been stuck on, remove window tints and a few other little things so it is looking a little better. I want to get it back to original spec with original wheels. Im enjoying my little project.

A small thing i have noticed is that the car idles quite low, like 600rpm. It runs fine but just was a blip on my radar. I will fill her up with BP Diesel Ultimate, get some Milliers in her and go on a long run. It hasn't done many miles over the last few years really, 14k in 2 1/2 years. Hopefully that does the trick. If anyone has any input id be glad to hear it.

Il post some updated pictures once i have done a few more bits.

Ah gents thanks for the reply, really reassuring. I appreciate.

Il get a few more things done and il update on here.

I am enjoying driving her, she is fast. I mean so fast i think she might be remapped, might try and find out.

Ah gents thanks for the reply, really reassuring. I appreciate.

Il get a few more things done and il update on here.

I am enjoying driving her, she is fast. I mean so fast i think she might be remapped, might try and find out.
Find a tuning firm near you, with a rolling road, and get a power run done, then you'll know for sure, cost about £60. 🙂

Hi gents, here are a couple of pictures now i have got it a bit more to original. Haven't done too much at the moment, removed tints, chrome stick on stuff and tidied her up a bit.

Definitely want to change the wheels, probably only to the 18" 6 Spoke originals.

Also going to get her on a rolling road to see if she has been remapped, i hope she hasn't really.

Il keep updating as i go. Nice to keep a thread of journey of before and after buying.

I got new number plates for it and had fun sticking the back one on, i ended up drilling out the reg plate holders and getting into the boot lid to remove the backs of them. :)

Attachments

• PXL_20231201_162457178.jpg
    PXL_20231201_162457178.jpg
    931.1 KB · Views: 26
  • PXL_20231201_162516886.jpg
    PXL_20231201_162516886.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Hi gents, here are a couple of pictures now i have got it a bit more to original. Haven't done too much at the moment, removed tints, chrome stick on stuff and tidied her up a bit.

Definitely want to change the wheels, probably only to the 18" 6 Spoke originals.

Also going to get her on a rolling road to see if she has been remapped, i hope she hasn't really.

Il keep updating as i go. Nice to keep a thread of journey of before and after buying.

I got new number plates for it and had fun sticking the back one on, i ended up drilling out the reg plate holders and getting into the boot lid to remove the backs of them. :)
Looking very, very nice.! 😎🙂👍

Also to debadge the E350 and CDI bits on the back or not, any thoughts?
IMO definitely, did mine, looks much better, with the bonus of being easier to clean. Also I did the small badges on the wings too. 🙂👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom