Mercedes e350cdi w212 rear self levelling suspension drops

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lafleur1945

Car
Mercedes e350 cdi
Hi everyone!
Have we got here mercedes self levelling air suspension experts? Would like to have some advice guys. So i own w212 e350cdi estate and i'm experiecing an issues with rear air suspension,first car sits 3cm lower on rear passenger side and second the rear goes down when parked on uneven surface if it is parked on nice flat even surface it stays up and never goes down, at first i tought it might be levelling sensors so i replaced both rear ones but i used second hand ones, that did help for like two weeks but it started to sink down again, another thing i noticed is that sometimes when i park it up leave the car it lowers it self a little bit by releasing air then after it does that i know 100% it will go down on it's ass pretty soon. i have also replaced valve block with new original mercedes but that didn't make any difference. so basically if it's parked on uneven suface it goes down but if parked on even surface it stays up no problem, maybe some one had similar issue and could give me some advice, also planning to buy icarsoft mb diagnostic tool to help diagnose this but there is not that much you can do with it, all i could do with it is to see live data from levelling sensors

Not exactly similar but my car did drop over time.
It could be leaking air lines or faulty sensors but it is more likely to be the air suspension units leaking.
I thought that mine were more effected by cold weather rather than road surface ( I bought the car in January and noticed it dropping immediately).
At the end of the day, replacing the air units stopped the rear dropping

If you air suspension is not holding pressure for a couple of weeks then your compressor is working overtime to keep pressure in the system. This will result in compressor over use and failure and an expensive repair. Get the air suspension checked to positively identify the fault and get it repaired ASAP (be that yourself or garage).

One of the well renound sales team at Mercland advised a mate of mine yesterday that failure on the left side is a common first sign of leaking system

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom