mercedes e55 amg estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

defender110td5

Car
land rover defender 110
looking to buy a E55 AMG estate, is there any major problems to be looking for when buying one of these? thanks

looking to buy a E55 AMG estate, is there any major problems to be looking for when buying one of these? thanks

Check the seats for skid marks left by the previous owner.

I have a C55 Estate and love it. In terms of what to look out for? Same as any other car really apart from it is a performance car so ideally you would want an excellent service history (and check it out by phoning the dealer) or you are buying from somebody you know. The engine is usually thought to be bomb proof but ancillaries are expensive. So watch out for noisy AC compressor, and power steering pump etc. Check silly things like all the lights work. On mine the front side lights didn't work. I assumed that this would be fuse. It wasn't !! It was a new front SAM £300.

They really are understated cars which for me adds to their appeal. A de-cat and resonator removal and they just sound superb.

Good luck.

Hi,welcome to the forum:thumb:

Welcome - are you looking at a 210 or 211 model and roughly what year?

Welcome Defender,

Seek out BrabusK8 (Acid) on here.

He's an E55 estate enthusiast and has a modified one.

Here he is in action heading towards 4.15 0-60mph.

P1000423.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

Last edited:
^ awseome.

Welcome, I have a lowly E320CDi S211 with a D6 kit but my old boss had a E55 estate and its simply amazing how quickly that goes.

I remember laughing out loud as he floored it. The 'G' force seats keeping me in place.

From what I have seen / read on this forum the E55 S211 model at least seems pretty sorted. Although lots of toys are nice just be sure they all work and your happy with repair costs.

Find a good indy to look after it and assuming you don't do too many miles it should be great. I've been watching one on e-bay for a while...

If I could fit a tow bar to one, I would probably have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom