Mercedes e63 1st Ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
As above had a awesome day at Mercedes Benz world, finally got to have a ride in a e63,

As someone on here described it very well

"Brutal Crushing Relentless Acceleration" lol totally loved it and im in desparate need to find myself a e55k lol

I can now see what all the fuss is about :rock:

I wish, unfortunaty i need a 7 seater estate version, I simply cant believe how much ive fallen for my s211, if id had known how much id have loved it i would of bought a e55k in the 1st place lol.

Spent a fair amount on my e320 cdi getting her upto scratch (just the usual stuff precautionary rad etc) but done it properly. Deffo going to get a e55k in the very near future and keep my eyes open for the right one.

I can now see what all the fuss is about :rock:
Ha ha :D

It's a very similar experience to riding a big bike. In general, those who haven't done it can't see what the fascination is. Those who have, know :thumb:

Ha ha :D

It's a very similar experience to riding a big bike. In general, those who haven't done it can't see what the fascination is. Those who have, know :thumb:

That is probably a very good analogy but to make sure it is accurate, I offer my services as an impartial judge. Free most days. :D

That is probably a very good analogy
Someone I know, many years ago when the Honda Blackbird was new on the scene, described the acceleration as like being attached to the end of a giant bungee cord :D

Someone I know, many years ago when the Honda Blackbird was new on the scene, described the acceleration as like being attached to the end of a giant bungee cord :D

That is true; I bought one new in 1998 and ended up selling it due the need to retain my licence and a dislike of jail time. I'm afraid I was quite weak-willed when it came to keeping to legal limits, of which I am not proud. In my defence, thousands were spent on my driver & rider training and it felt, with a younger man's impeccable reasoning, a shame not to 'practice' to stay sharp. :fail :eek:

I never tire of the way the horizon comes to meet you when you nail it in or on something that accelerates hard. It's totally addictive. BTW, I made a similar decision to you regarding a 'bird - either me or my licence would expire prematurely :crazy:

I never tire of the way the horizon comes to meet you when you nail it in or on something that accelerates hard. It's totally addictive.

One of my abiding memories of the S'bird was doing the free Honda awareness course (can't remember what it was called). I specifically requested a friend, a died in the wool bike nut, to be my 'tutor'. By happy coincidence, the other 'pupil' happened to be a serving PC on Essex Const. motorcycle training wing also with a S'Bird.

To say the day was amazing would be an understatement. The only shame was that my mate was on an St1100 but even though we had to stop periodically to let him catch up, he enjoyed the day immensely. But not as much as us.;)

Blowing my own trumpet, the EssPpol PC was half my size, raced bikes as a hobby as well as being an instructor but he couldn't get more than two bike lengths ahead of me, even in the twisties. What a hoot.:devil:

As for the acceleration thing, I agree wholeheartedly and although quite happy with the acceleration on the Vito (and SLK), I am at the point of my life where I realise I will never own a full fat AMG unless I give up being a pensioner at 49 and go back to work. Hey ho.

I never tire of the way the horizon comes to meet you when you nail it in or on something that accelerates hard. It's totally addictive. BTW, I made a similar decision to you regarding a 'bird - either me or my licence would expire prematurely :crazy:

Yep same hear with my Hayabusa:wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom