Mercedes Electronic Keys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jumbojim

Car
CL500
Gentlemen

Can you tell me if a non-working key (have changed the Batteries) can be repaired, or is a new one from Mercs at £200+ the only option?

Thanks

Hi,
There is a chance that the key could be repaired, as long as it was originally programmed to your car, you could try E-bay IIRC there was a company on there that said they could repair them.

I'd be keen to find out if the replacement key fobs seen on eBay are any good?

Both the remote key cases on my W124 are well knackered, flip out springs broken, infra-red lens disappeared.

Not trying to hijack the thread.

Cheers
Richard

I'd be keen to find out if the replacement key fobs seen on eBay are any good?

Both the remote key cases on my W124 are well knackered, flip out springs broken, infra-red lens disappeared.

Not trying to hijack the thread.

Cheers
Richard

For the 124 fob, you should/can just swap the guts of your original fobs to the new case, just make sure the new case is the same type.

For the 124 fob, you should/can just swap the guts of your original fobs to the new case, just make sure the new case is the same type.

The prices vary a little, but essentially look pretty much the same, though I did find one with the star logo on the button.
So I've ordered one, whether it has the logo on it when it arrives...
cost twice the price of another one, which I also ordered. Hedging my bets and will report when they arrive.

Cheers
Richard

These were on eBay, however, living in australia I don't have eBay access to everything you fellas do in the UK.
Lots of UK sellers won't post overseas.

Fob repair 124

I had a problem with my fob - no power in spite of new batteries- intermittent
operation and reduced to using the key in the lock all the time.
Found the following - brilliant - repaired the circuit board etc. ( cannot of course do anything about reprogramming) but many problems are dry joints, failed weak switching, dirt etc. etc.
Did the job for me and has worked perfectly ever since. Extremely reasonable cost compared to a replacement from MB
try contacting email - [email protected] - mention you are member of MB club UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom