Mercedes engine oil

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

s4rap

Car
2001 clk 430
HI, just been into mercedes for an oil filter and the guy reconds he can do me the oil for £38.00(10 litres). The oil is5w-40, I was going to use mobil1 0w-40 works out at £68.00. Any one any thoughts on what would be best ....thanks

If the dealer is offering Genuine Mercedes Spec oil for that price, it's a no-brainer.

There's nothing magic about Mobil 1..

speak to Olly and the guys at Presitge
g.png

they always have good deals on Merc oil and filters :)

Thanks for advice

This is a very useful eBay link. If I'd have seen this a few hours ago I could have just gone for this instead of from ECP. Though I did manage to get 4l Petronas for a little less. Next time I'll use this.

The 0W40 oil is going to be better for your engine from a cold start because it will flow more easily but there will be no difference between 0W40 and 5W40 once the oil is hot.

The cold start difference is not worth worrying about for a car that is always garaged but if the car is left outside during the winter there will be more of a benefit from using 0W40.

Changed oil and filter this weekend. Filter and oil was £65 inc vat from main dealer. Good value I think. Thanks for replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom