Mercedes engines

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wolfie1

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Jaguar XE R Dynamic Black Series, A180 AMG LINE and an FD RX7
so my c180 cut out but restarted with the eml on and was in limp home mode on Thursday night, so friday morning went to drop my car off at mercedes in my JLR technicians uniform, woman went through the back came back and said “can you not just fix it yourself” (well yea of course i could but i have only had it 5 months) so i tell her “its under warranty still” as it is why should i have to pay for parts, so she went back through the back and i overhear her saying “he says its under warranty” (im a bit annoyed at this point as she was talking down to me just because she was the service manager and im not wearing a suit and tie, why should i be treated differently), anyway she reluctantly booked me in next friday and i asked for a courtesy car, she said there was 1 left and i would get it on friday when i dropped it off, i tell her i cannot drive that as its liable to cut out again and cause an accident, she said i cannot have a coutresy car for a week, i say so what happens now then, she says just drive it and if it breaks down just call the free recovery number and it will be collected! Eh no what if it causes an accident! So reluctantly she goes away and makes a phone call to the recovery team and says ok you will get a courtesy car, another c class and it will be dropped off at my house, brilliant happy with that, greatfull to get something. Gets home to a car a bloody diesel estate :D:D 2 things in a car i would never buy! But still happy i got something. So my first diesel estate car and i dont like it, sure its punchy but that durga durga durga diesel noise at idle yuk, how do you diesel guys live with it?
First thing i said to the wife was, we needing to move anything big? :D :D
So thats my story

I always said that when asked to give something, think quickly and either give it away with a smile, or refuse and stick to your guns.

Saying no and then giving-in is about the worst thing you can do... because you end-up parting with your possession but getting no credit for doing so.

The other person will still think that you are a stingy old git, and will give the credit of succsess to himself, not to you.

Call mobilo, if they can’t fix it have them take it away to the dealer and MB will supply you with a hire car at their expense until it’s fixed.

Oops, should have read the whole post!

Get that womans' name and write to the service director, with a copy of this post, you might be surprised.

It's nothing to do with what you were wearing. If you'd seen how I dress, you'd throw me some spare change. I've always been treated like a king at my local MB dealership.

It's just a bad employee or two, and a dealership who need to sort that out, that's all.

...so friday morning went to drop my car off at mercedes in my JLR technicians uniform, woman went through the back came back and said “can you not just fix it yourself”....

My guess is that this was either a poor attempt at making a light-hearted comment, or perhaps you did not realise that she was trying to make a pass at you.

I find it difficult to believe that a member of staff - let alone service manager - would seriously suggest that customers fix their own cars, whether in or out of warranty.

The courtesy car thing is common. The dealer's courtesy cars will already be booked out and so lending a breakdown customer a car at short notice would mean a scheduled customer goes without. However Mobilo offer hire cars, which means that nobody has to do without, and the breakdown customer is on their way again. Both the dealer and Mobilo may be branded Mercedes-Benz but they're completely separate businesses.

PS Do you think the Service Manager looked down at you because you weren't wearing a suit, or do you think she looks down at everyone? Some people just aren't very nice!

If you feel that the service manager was speaking down to you that is wrong and maybe you should address that issue.

Personally I would not expect to turn up at a dealership and expect them to supply a loan car without having first made arrangements beforehand.

I used to drive a Jaguar and the same would apply with them, loan cars are mostly booked out well in advance.

I hope your issue is sorted out for you.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Perhaps the key phrase here is "went through the back" implying you were speaking to the monkey rather than the organ grinder ?

Durga Durga Durga? Sounds more like a bin lorry than a loan car!

If you feel that the service manager was speaking down to you that is wrong and maybe you should address that issue.

Personally I would not expect to turn up at a dealership and expect them to supply a loan car without having first made arrangements beforehand.

I used to drive a Jaguar and the same would apply with them, loan cars are mostly booked out well in advance.

I hope your issue is sorted out for you.

Robin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think the issue is that if the car broke down on the hard shoulder and Mobilo were called out, he would have been entitles to a loan car.

But just because he showed-up at the dealer with a broken car, he wasn't.

The suggestion that he should drive (or push...) the car out of the forecourt then call Mobilo demonstrates that something is not quite right in the way that MB assistance and the Dealer network work.

The suggestion that he should drive (or push...) the car out of the forecourt then call Mobilo demonstrates that something is not quite right in the way that MB assistance and the Dealer network work.

So reluctantly she goes away and makes a phone call to the recovery team and says ok you will get a courtesy car, another c class and it will be dropped off at my house

'She' should have simply called the recovery team straight away, with no other comment, no reluctance. ... Same outcome but a 'Happy customer'

Is it only me that when offered a courtesy car, accepts it with thanks and couldn't give a monkeys what it is as long as it go's lol

Couple of years ago I took my car in for a service and the new female service manager said, you can have a courtesy car but there would be a charge of ten pounds. I told her nicely, that I had been bringing my car's here for years, that I've always had a service contract and have never yet, been asked for money. She quickly changed her mind and gave me a car, and though she's still there, she's never asked again.

No she did reluctantly in the end call mobilio and i got a loan car, i was very greatfull of getting 1 dont think that i wasnt for a second please. The other plus for today was that i was told my car wouldn’t be looked at till friday but was told it was ready and i could collect. They did the airbag recall thing and did a software update on the ecu, so i will just have to wait and see if that has cured it, it certainly is back to the power it used to have and it didn't buck on the way home.

No she was being deadly serious about me fixing my own car as just before she said that she said “we are very busy just now as with the 18 plate coming out!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom