Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine - September 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Friends

My old but restored 124 - 4Matic is featured the today's edition of the Mercedes Enthusiast Magazine. It is a six page, pictorial write up that I am very happy with.

I have to thank Kyle Molyneux (Editor) and Terry the photographer, for giving the car such a great feature. They allowed me to indulge, by including thanks, to my Cancer Surgeon and his wonderful team @ St Tomas's in London, as well as many others who have made me, & the car what we see today.

I just know, I will have missed people out, whom I should not have done. If that is you? You have my apologies and thanks. Without your help, the car would not have made it to this stage. Simply, I would have written another six pages of thanks, for Charles Morgan, Allan (Red C220) and Simon (Carat 3.6) along with so many others, the article would never have been written.

To Olly and Natacha & the Team @ PCS who arranged Benz On The Green and give us all such a brilliantly memorable day in the sunshine, what can you say? It was at this event that the magazine spotted the car and instantly, like me, fell in love. Thank you.

For anybody embarking on a project like this? Stick with the forum!! There are just so many people who help, without realising the extent to which they have done so. When you feel the need to reach for a can of petrol and some matches, the forum members always step in and lift you back up.

GROBER on here (Graeme) has been a virtual library of help to me. Never once complaining when I know that he could and many would. He helped me and my mechanic, so many times with obscure long forgotten words and manuals. Things that you just cannot get your hands on now.

To close my OSCARS speech. I have to say it, and I will keep saying it as long as I can.

Without the brilliant, beautiful, talented nurses and medical teams who gave me my life and never once asked for anything in return, who taught me what life is really about. I salute you all. We should all support our nurses. It saddens me so much to see them nickle & dimed by successive governments and individual ministers who build careers on the back of their hard work and determination.

I have no idea how much an hour it costs to pay the nurse who sat holding my hand as I felt my life slip away. Who talked to me and re-assured me for 12 hours without leaving my side and who cried, with me, when I returned from the operating theater, having been saved (again). Whatever it is? It is not enough and it shames those who seek to politic at their expense.

There. That feels better.

Last edited:
I've seen the article but haven't had time to read it yet, the cars a credit to you..
I lost my dad and brother to cancer within eighteen months of each other, my brother was forty one and yes the doctors and nurses that work in that field are remarkable..
I hope you stay well and enjoy that car.

That must be October then; I'll pick it up next time I'm in Sainsbury's. - September has a white S-Class on the front cover.

Thats excellent news Bruce, My Lt Ivory 380sel featured in that publication, they do know how to write a nice artical

Thats excellent news Bruce, My Lt Ivory 380sel featured in that publication, they do know how to write a nice artical

I really enjoyed the day with them at the 'London Club' in Kent. The sun shone all day.

It all started in the sunshine at Benz On The Green. I was so pleased when Kyle introduced himself and asked me if they could feature the car.

Kyle has a genuine love for older Mercs and all things petrol. He is a good listener and captured the spirit of doing this restoration. It was all about driving a car that makes you smile. Nearly everybody I meet who drives, or has driven a 124 will say "it makes me smile"

Yes, I saw you got a mention in their Benz on the Green write-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom