Mercedes Enthusiast Magazines c43 amg for sale

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looks a nice car but have they quoted the correct mpg!!

Nice car for someone...

[must not buy must not buy must not buy....]

that leather looks in great condition !

Looks a nice car but have they quoted the correct mpg!!

They are driving the wheels off that to average 8.9mpg :rock::rock:

We have looked after that car for about 3 years now.

I wouldn't say it's the best I've seen recently. The red one on eBay was nicer and with much lower mileage.

Also for it to be the best it would need to be fully loaded for me! :)

Deffo looks like a tidy one with as others have mentioned unmarked leather. The only thing that bugs me is if its a enthusiast car why sell it with a broken boot release switch, missing gear knob emblem and what looks like a low coolant warning light on the dash. I know these are petty cheap fixes but still you would have thought the owner would have fixed those small issues if he has previously spent big money on other areas. Non the less still a lovely looking C43.

The only thing that bugs me is if its a enthusiast car why sell it with a broken boot release switch, missing gear knob emblem and what looks like a low coolant warning light on the dash. I know these are petty cheap fixes but still you would have thought the owner would have fixed those small issues if he has previously spent big money on other areas. Non the less still a lovely looking C43.

I think it was one of MB Enthusiast's long term test and ownership experience as a used car. So not necessarily pampered but maintained well enough I guess.

Olly can probably give some background if one is interested. :thumb:

I think that would be a pretty good buy for someone looking for sorted 43, option wise its not really lacking a lot its got a sunroof, xenon's, folding mirrors only things its really missing is the rear blind and PDC which is uber rare on a w202, and a Designio two tone interior which some probably would be glad of.
It would probably be missing dimming RVM, illuminated sun visors and puddle lights but if you were really bothered they could be easily retro fitted for £100-130 on parts (possibly cheaper), of which none are particularly hard to source from a breakers.
My only concern looking at this would be the standard of the re-spray, and having been maintained by Olly the mileage wouldn't bother me.
MPG will be better than that I was getting just over 30MPG on a run back from Cornwall in mine when I was running the 43 engine.

Last edited:
andy27168 said:
I think that would be a pretty good buy for someone looking for sorted 43, option wise its not really lacking a lot its got a sunroof, xenon's, folding mirrors only things its really missing is the rear blind and PDC which is uber rare on a w202, and a Designio two tone interior which some probably would be glad of. It would probably be missing dimming RVM, illuminated sun visors and puddle lights but if you were really bothered they could be easily retro fitted for £100-130 on parts (possibly cheaper), of which none are particularly hard to source from a breakers. My only concern looking at this would be the standard of the re-spray, and having been maintained by Olly the mileage wouldn't bother me. MPG will be better than that I was getting just over 30MPG on a run back from Cornwall in mine when I was running the 43 engine.

The car was re sprayed by a bodyshop local to olly whom he knows well iirc.

If its the one he normally uses then that will be a thumbs up on the paint job.

they featured the respray in one of their magazine features - was indeed a body shop close to PCS

The overall condition is ok. It's not the best C43 but it's far from the worst.

I think it's a honest car with a good body. It needs a mop though.

If you read through the column, which I have done for years, then its fair to say they havent exactly pampered it...
In fact at many times it was looking pretty sorry, especially before it went to PCS and had the respray..

As above, probably not the best.. but definitely not the worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom