Mercedes EPC (parts catalogue) on-line - proper version !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It expects a VAT number which would link it to a workshop. Perhaps not the sort of thing that everyone can do.

miro said:
It expects a VAT number which would link it to a workshop. Perhaps not the sort of thing that everyone can do.

Looks like the VAT no & telephone contact details are not mandatory fields, so shouldn't be any real problems...

A-AvantGarde said:
Looks like the VAT no & telephone contact details are not mandatory fields, so shouldn't be any real problems...

Yup, i'm registered without a VAT number.

It does say somewhere in there that it expects you to be in the one of the countries listed in the drop down box and that your credit card needs to validate as in that country.

R

Cool...

So, is it any good?

Worthwile joining for the more seasoned modders?

A-AvantGarde said:
Cool...

So, is it any good?

Worthwile joining for the more seasoned modders?

The part numbers roll over like the wheels in a poker machine. It saves huge amounts of time and makes ordering at trade prices much easier since you have the part numbers.

It also makes modding more enjoyable because you can graft parts from other countries or models into your car.

Options for other specifications are also visible such as Designo / Elegance / Avantgarde and Sports.

By using the VIN of a car you are interested in you can decipher the part number of the component you liked.

The list is seemingly endless .... just ask Shude.

big x said:
Why not just get a EPC DVD on Ebay for a couple of pounds or use http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb0.asp?TP=1 which has part nos.

adam

1) EPC DVD from ebay is illegal (i.e. because it is a rip off copy).
2) The EPC changes every month, new models, new options, vehicle datacard updates, parts being replaced - so its well worth having a very up2date version
- I don't know how old the russian one is.
3) EPC DVD updates stop after 11/2006 - so as time passes it will be more and more wrong/useless
4) Its very reasonably priced at 15 euros p/a + vat for a whole year
5) All the reasons Miro says

Cheers

Richard

miro said:
They go out of date really fast.
Yes, I've hardly fired up the EPC recently but when I have I've found that quite a few probably legit parts now have expired part numbers that a newer EPC would have updated.

This online EPC looks like a great idea! Hopefully it will make the pirate discs less popular, bearing in mind that we know the money is probably being used to fund terrorism or organised crime! :rolleyes:

Hiya

I didnt mention it, because I had previously (on a different post) mentioned that you can get access to WIS much cheaper via the USA version of the site than the European one. Its $18 a day there, vs 25 Euros + Tax. (ever felt ripped off!) - sadly no EPC on the US site ;-)

http://www.startekinfo.com

(strangely www.startekinfo.de redirects you to that site as-well)

Now, the trick there is that it wants you to be in USA - it does that by expecting US zip code in the credit card validation.
So, if you want your UK postcode to work there, strip off all the letters (WC12 8QT becomes 128) and pad it with 0 to make it 5 digits), ie 128 becomes 12800
and use that as your ZIP code - may need to prefix a state, such as NY to it)

Richard

2 very useful posts.

Sorry must have had a "senior moment" there.:crazy: :eek: :eek: Congrats on posting 2 additional useful sources of information and how to "tweak "them;) . Should prove extremely useful especially for the newer models.:D :D

Last edited:
richard said:
Hiya

I didnt mention it, because I had previously (on a different post) mentioned that you can get access to WIS much cheaper via the USA version of the site than the European one. Its $18 a day there, vs 25 Euros + Tax. (ever felt ripped off!) - sadly no EPC on the US site ;-)

http://www.startekinfo.com

(strangely www.startekinfo.de redirects you to that site as-well)

Now, the trick there is that it wants you to be in USA - it does that by expecting US zip code in the credit card validation.
So, if you want your UK postcode to work there, strip off all the letters (WC12 8QT becomes 128) and pad it with 0 to make it 5 digits), ie 128 becomes 12800
and use that as your ZIP code - may need to prefix a state, such as NY to it)

Richard

90210 springs to mind for some odd reason. I take it that trash TV was never a feature in your domain.

miro said:
90210 springs to mind for some odd reason. I take it that trash TV was never a feature in your domain.

:) yes, we got that in UK as-well ..

R

miro said:
The part numbers roll over like the wheels in a poker machine. It saves huge amounts of time and makes ordering at trade prices much easier since you have the part numbers.

It also makes modding more enjoyable because you can graft parts from other countries or models into your car.

Options for other specifications are also visible such as Designo / Elegance / Avantgarde and Sports.

By using the VIN of a car you are interested in you can decipher the part number of the component you liked.

The list is seemingly endless .... just ask Shude.

Hmmm, think I like the sound of this. Just need to find a W203 VIN with some nice Designo options :)

java or cookies/security settings

jaymanek said:
Everytime i try to register it crashed me IE, anyone else get this?
Maybe because you havnt got the latest Java RUNTIME ENVIRONMENT INSTALLED or maybe cos the site sets temporary "cookies" on your computer as a necessary part of the registration progress and your browser security or firewall settings are set too high??

quote from FAQ NO 7
7.On starting the application I am asked to save a file?
* This message appears if you have not yet installed Java Runtime. Java Runtime is available on the portal as a free download under "System Requirements".
I PERSONNALY CANT FIND "SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS" ON THE SITE but you will find the latest version of the JAVA RTE here. http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

A-AvantGarde said:
Hmmm, think I like the sound of this. Just need to find a W203 VIN with some nice Designo options :)

Probably the EPC will code them at W__ options. Such as W62 in B-Class wood trim.

The information on hand is extremely broad.

all sorted, much beter than the russian one... and i chose MB cars, smart and commercial vehicles, all for the same price.. cant be bad...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom