MERCEDES EQC REVIEW from FULLY CHARGED.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grober

MB Master
Car
W204 ESTATE
A rather jet lagged Robert Llewellyn reviews the Mercedes EQC in NORWAY [ Where else ? ;)]. Despite suffering information overload he is quite enthusiastic about it. He also likes the Mercedes Me Charge system. Just don't say the " Mercedes " word! :mad:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

9-C7-C2740-6-CE4-432-E-BB9-B-86-BABEB545-CD.jpg

Had a sit in this one today, a nice place to be

This was the worst bit , but similar price to I Pace I think.

15-EEE4-B1-BA7-F-47-DE-9317-769-C234297-D9.jpg

This was the worst bit , but similar price to I Pace I think.

15-EEE4-B1-BA7-F-47-DE-9317-769-C234297-D9.jpg

Only 2000 of that edition produced. Sure, I’ll stump up an extra £15k over the normal model then no problem.

A limited edition of a car like this seems pointless to me. It’s never going to be a classic in 40 years time due to the pace of change in the electric cars sector, will be prehistoric and unwanted in 10 years in all likelihood.

That said I do love the idea of the EQC and looks like one of the better electric offerings currently out there. Shame it’s so much more expensive than the GLC.

Hefty price tag---but as they say-----If you have to ask the price --- You can't afford it!
Think thats the bigger battery model -any mention of battery/powerplant warranty?
Answered my own question.. :oops:
Mercedes-Benz EQC Edition 1886.

Last edited:
Hefty price tag---but as they say-----If you have to ask the price --- You can't afford it!
Think thats the bigger battery model -any mention of battery/powerplant warranty?
Answered my own question.. :oops:
Mercedes-Benz EQC Edition 1886.

Sales guy was saying range was claimed to be over 350 miles so better than my C63 , but still not as easy to refuel.

Why did I keep thinking "Kryten" as I watched the clip?

;):D

I like it, but that price tag!

The price tag is very competitive against the Audi and Jag though, which is really the important thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suppose. I believe the I-Pace starts off at around £65k.

I also heard the EQC may be available for test drives in the Edinburgh For Kinnaird dealership as well. Not sure when though!

I suppose. I believe the I-Pace starts off at around £65k.

I also heard the EQC may be available for test drives in the Edinburgh For Kinnaird dealership as well. Not sure when though!

Demos are arriving next month for all dealers

Wonder what the projected UK sales volumes are like and how this will effect delivery times? Are they going to be built to order rather than from stock? I assume there will be a list of customers who have already registered interest.

Wonder what the projected UK sales volumes are like and how this will effect delivery times? Are they going to be built to order rather than from stock? I assume there will be a list of customers who have already registered interest.

Because they’re strict packages, there’s actually a lot already built ready for customers next month. I’m hoping that’ll mean that lead times going forward won’t be too bad

Looks good, but as has already been said, it's priced to be an extremely niche product. I recall when EQC was first announced, pricing was estimated by Mercedes to be the equivalent of a top specd GLC, so the hype doesn't meet the reality, what they meant was equivalent of a GLC63, itself a niche product.

When EQC gets to the eqivalent of £40-45K price today (whenever that may be), that's when you know electric has come of age. But as I've said before, in many ways it's the right way to go at the moment. These type of limited appeal cars mate well with the very limited charging infrastructure (at least in the UK). No point in having a mass market mid-size SUV when charging can't keep up. Even now you can see how it won't be long before every charge point you go to has a hyundai etc plugged in.

Last edited:
I spotted one today on the A3 southbound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom