Mercedes Evo1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB190E

Evo1 Spoiler

Hi all.
Not sure if im posting in the right place (sorry if im not) but anyway...

Does anyone know where i can buy an Evo1 Spoiler from?? :confused:

Last edited:
Tried the stealership? Would be the most expensive route probably (not very good prices for things like this) but would be a good starting point! :)

A friend of mine has been looking for months, and has missed out twice on timming,He is keeping an eye on ebay,I wouldn't buy new unless you are stripping the car and rebuilding it to your spec, just look around for a secondhand one, you will save a lot, alternatively,look for a cheap vehicle that already has it and swop it over.

TOPMERCS said:
I wouldn't buy new unless you are stripping the car and rebuilding it to your spec

Agreed..

An Evo 1 spoiler is a lot of money... if you're going to do it.. do it right. They will very stupid if none done correctly, and to be honest... it WILL be a VERY costly mistake..

Now where to get one from.. :D

Yes, it is possible to obtain an Evo 1 wing from the dealership. However:

- You will need to provide an Evo 1 VIN
- Even then they may still wish to see a Genuine Evo 1 before ordering the part. Mercedes can be funny like this and I know someone who had to show them his 190E Evo II before they would get hold of any parts for him.
- They will have very few (if any) that they can get hold of - remember, only 501 of these cars were sold to the public.
- Thirdly, for the rear wing from Mercedes you will be looking at a sticker price at around the £1k mark all in last time I checked.

You can get hold of Evo 1 spoilers on German eBay - but as you can imagine they pop up very rarely, and when they do - everyman and his dog will jump on it.

I know someone who does provide replica Evo parts, in fact - rumour has it that they are so good that even local Mercedes dealerships in Germany are using these parts.

His name is Thorsten and he runs This Site.. which means "190 Parts". It is in German as well as in English.
Drop him an e-mail via the site which is [email protected].

Last time I spoke with him "Rear spoiler EVO1 with flap is 500 Euro".
Which is roughly around the £350 mark.

Hope that all helps!

V

:)

-V- said:
Yes, it is possible to obtain an Evo 1 wing from the dealership. However:

- You will need to provide an Evo 1 VIN
- Even then they may still wish to see a Genuine Evo 1 before ordering the part. Mercedes can be funny like this and I know someone who had to show them his 190E Evo II before they would get hold of any parts for him.
- They will have very few (if any) that they can get hold of - remember, only 501 of these cars were sold to the public.
- Thirdly, for the rear wing from Mercedes you will be looking at a sticker price at around the £1k mark all in last time I checked.
This will very much depend on the parts department/employee!
-V- said:
Last time I spoke with him "Rear spoiler EVO1 with flap is 500 Euro".
Which is roughly around the £350 mark.
That is very cheap! :)

Shude said:
This will very much depend on the parts department/employee!

Absolutely, but imo it's better to be aware of such problems rather than being made a fool of at the dealership when they go outside to look at your Evo.. and there isn't one... It is a problem I have heard of quite a few times with friends of mine who own Evos (both 1 + 2) and thought it's better just to be aware that certain dealerships can be a bit funny when ordering Evo parts..

Shude said:
That is very cheap! :)

Indeed! :)

Baring in mind that this is excluding postage costs, but even then - the price is still WELL worth it..

Thanks for all your help guys ;) you have been great.

I want to adventually put it on a cosworth 190e 2.3 16v. (if and when i can get the thing running! :crazy:
But for now its to go on a standard 190E.

MB190E said:
Thanks for all your help guys ;) you have been great.

I want to adventually put it on a cosworth 190e 2.3 16v. (if and when i can get the thing running! :crazy:
See if you can borrow someone's VIN, that might help :)

MB190E said:

Dont take this the wrong way, but personally... I wouldn't..

Although Evo 1 wings may not seem that big in pictures etc.. but in real life they are still quite big and suit the car becuase it flows with the remainder of the wide body and flared arches..

By putting it on a standard 190e it will look VERY much out of place and simply will not flow with the rest of the car. It is an expensive modification, which is why I said if you're going to do it... do it right. You can't afford to get it wrong.. especially with Evo parts..

Just my $0.02 though.

Hope no offence was taken..

Last edited:
-V- said:
Dont take this the wrong way, but personally... I wouldn't..

Although Evo 1 wings may not seem that big in pictures etc.. but in real life they are still quite big and suit the car becuase it flows with the remainder of the wide body and flared arches..

By putting it on a standard 190e it will look VERY much out of place and simply will not flow with the rest of the car. It is an expensive modification, which is why I said if you're going to do it... do it right. You can't afford to get it wrong.. especially with Evo parts..

Just my $0.02 though.

Hope no offence was taken..

No, no offence taken :)

Sorry, i should of said i've taken the evo2 bumpers off the cosworth and put them on the standard 190E. It has also had a few other things done to it like a new exhust, its also been lowered etc..

Once again, thank you for your help ;)

Im starting to think it might be a good idea to just do it in the full evo2 kit. im liking the racing car :p

MB190E said:
Im starting to think it might be a good idea to just do it in the full evo2 kit. im liking the racing car :p

Ah right, didn't realise it has the Evo bumpers on it. In which case it may not look TOO bad but will not seem 'right' without having wide arches really.

Just ot clarify is it the Rieger Evo 3 bumpers you have or the Erebuni Evo 2 bumpers?

Reason I ask is, if it's the Evo 2 stuff you have and want to carry on with the rest of the arches... my advice is - DONT BOTHER!

You really will regret doing this.

Reason being - people tend to forget that the Evos had different suspension set up to non-evo 190s - therefore, if you put Evo arches on your car you will have HUGE and I mean HUGE fender (wheel arch) gap between your tyres and your actual arches.

I have seen this happen on several people's cars and it just does not look right at all - even if the car is lowered.

However, if its the Rieger Evo 3 kit you have then by all means go for it. Although this is a VERY tricky kit to put on and MAY need modifying slightly for a flush fit, there is no reason as to why it won't go on.

Don't mean to put you off your ideas, but just thought i'd save you the hassle and make you aware of the end results before you end up with a car that you wished you never touched in the first place - because if that was me, I know I would not be a happy bunny!

Hope that all helps!

V

v m8 you postin here aswell???????

im checkin this place for evo bits to go with the front spoiler i got on ebay !!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom