Mercedes extended warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickgar

SUPPORTER
Car
E 250 CDi Cabriolet AMG Line. 2004 Vespa 200 GT
Can anyone please confirm if the previous Tier 1, 2 and 3 warranty cover options now been replaced by just a single cover?

I have a tier 1 warranty on my E500 C207 until the end of September this year. After a quick glance at the above i can see one difference, there could be more. They no longer cover drive shaft oil seals.
Under the cover i have, these are covered.....i know because i had one changed under warranty.
I also had the rear aircon fixed and a new oil cooler installed.

I renewed mine with the single policy. I couldn’t see any tier structure.

I have a tier 1 warranty on my E500 C207 until the end of September this year. After a quick glance at the above i can see one difference, there could be more. They no longer cover drive shaft oil seals.
Under the cover i have, these are covered.....i know because i had one changed under warranty.
I also had the rear aircon fixed and a new oil cooler installed.

I am pretty sure this is what failed when I had tier 1 warranty and they didn’t entertain the repairs.

It stands to reason the list of exclusions is now longer.

We all know, if only anecdotally, that MB has been fitting lesser quality parts as part of the cost drive to the bottom of the pricing mass market pool and they don’t want to lose those savings in increases warranty payouts.

i thought about purchasing a warranty for my SLK until I saw the exclusions:

Bodywork, body seals (including convertible roof, boot, sunroof, doors etc.), fixings and fastenings: nuts/bolts/brackets/studs/clips and springs (other than suspension springs), glass, interior/exterior trim, interior panels, paint, lamp units and wheels.

and

Sunroof cables, convertible cables, convertible roof material and straps;

There also some inconsistences - the sat nav is covered but not "Navigation CDs, DVDs and SD cards" and suspension springs are covered but not "Shock absorbers and suspension struts"

I had a like problem. I was initially told
The driveshaft oil seals were not covered and sent an invoice for a tad under £400 including VAT. I paid the invoice and thought nothing more about it.
Several months later i had a read of the warranty booklet.
The driveshaft oil seals were in fact covered. The outcome was i was reimbursed by MB.
They must have read the new warranty booklet and not the old one, mine commenced at the end of September 2018.
I am pretty sure this is what failed when I had tier 1 warranty and they didn’t entertain the repairs.

It's Tier 1 only now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom