Mercedes Extended Warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NadMerc

Car
Mercedes E43 AMG
My Mercedes E43 AMG warranty is about to expire. Looking at extending the warranty. Mercedes have given a quote of £804 for 2 years which seems very reasonable. Any thoughts would be appreciated on this.

My Mercedes E43 AMG warranty is about to expire. Looking at extending the warranty. Mercedes have given a quote of £804 for 2 years which seems very reasonable. Any thoughts would be appreciated on this.

That does seem reasonable. If you are a pesron that wants peace of mind with a warranty, I'd go for it.

Sounds like inexpensive peace of mind to me. Replacing the lid on the cup holder in my centre console cost 25% more than that (parts only), and whilst that wouldn’t be covered by an extended warranty, it sets some context or the price of the warranty relative to the potential cost of repairs should they be required.

Very reasonable - I had far more value from my extended warranty than the payments I have made for it. Just had a new filer cap lock mechanism fitted which would have been £200, previously a driveshaft at about £700 and an engine at about £16,000 .....

Absolutely a good price, gives peace of mind, as mentioned it does not take long at all to rack up a four figure repair

As above, good value and inexpensive peace of mind for another 2 years.

Seems an excellent price but do make sure you sign up before current warranty expires as from experience if you let it lapse then try to renew it can increase the quote substantially

Robin

Keep the £ in your bank set aside, beats wasting it if never making a claim

Had my w204 from new never had any major issue/need for a warranty.

Last edited:
Is your car prone to faults?
MB warranty is pretty good and thats a good price. If anything were to fail in 2 years (assuming its covered) you would not get much change from 800 pounds probably.

Check the terms, there is an awful lot of items not covered under the MB extended warranty.
They used to have two tiers, but now its just one level of cover.

I looked into the official MB extended warranty for my own E63, but decided against it.
My local MB dealer offers their own extended warranty which is way better than the official MB warranty in my opinion

Seems too good to be true.
Is it anywhere close to the new car warranty?
I recall reading a thread here about 2 years ago when i was looking at warranties saying "call them direct" meaning mercedes uses an insurance broker - not sure if that was true or not. Possibly someone else can recall that thread, similar experience.

Does sound very to me for the piece of mind

Seems too good to be true.
Is it anywhere close to the new car warranty?
I recall reading a thread here about 2 years ago when i was looking at warranties saying "call them direct" meaning mercedes uses an insurance broker - not sure if that was true or not. Possibly someone else can recall that thread, similar experience.

Does sound very to me for the piece of mind
Do you mean my local MB dealers warranty?

I knew nothing about it until I made enquiries via another local car forum, on there many people said positive things about it.
The local MB franchise owners also own other dealerships like Audi/VW
Several folks on the local forum had successful outcomes with warranty. The good thing about the policy is that he dealer does all the talking with the warranty company.

My wife has just extended the warranty on her c250d for £780 for 2 years which I think is really good value, especially when any of the sensor replacements would be in the region of £350 if needed I believe

Horses for courses, that does seem like a reasonable price to be fair, some may say put the money in the bank and foot the bill should a breakdown occur, some may say it’s a waste of time as “ive never broken down” personally for me on my w204 I had repairs in excess of £3000 covered in the first year of warranty extension, then on the w205 I payed for a full year before selling and had no repairs whatsoever, very much the luck (or not of the draw)

I’ve referenced on another thread the time I ground to a halt in the Netherlands pulling out of a junction, within 24hrs the car was collected parts ordered overnight from Germany fitted at the local MB garage and delivered back to work, €450 euro bill refunded by MB warranty within 3 days

So for me it’s piece of mind, especially when away from home or abroad that I don’t have to worry about car repairs/ finding a garage etc etc,
ultimately for me it works great other people in different circumstances may not find the deal so attractive.

Regards

I've just renewed my dealership warranty vai Mercedes for my C43 - £713 for two year or £419 for a year. I went with two years.

The car already had an official 2 year warranty when I purchased it and so far under the warranty I have had the two front shocks replaced and the Collosion Prevention system software updated due to an error coming up.

Not bad considering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom