Mercedes first timer here, just saying Hi.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieRC

Car
E250 AMG Sport CDI 7G-Tronic
Hey all. I've been a member of car forums ever since I bought my first car... so that would be a Fiat forum, Vauxhall forum, Honda forum and now this forum. (I've had other cars, just not all have been forum-worthy... e.g. my Toyota RAV4 I had in Cyprus... just did it's job and I never felt like I needed any community support/help with it)

I bought myself a 63 plate E250 CDI AMG Sport Coupe a few months back, and I'm absolutely loving it. Having come from a 56 plate 5 door civic se (yes... the super basic trim level se), this thing is like a palace on wheels, with all the bells and whistles you could hope for.

I got it for a great price, but that's because there were a few "less than perfect" things about the car.

Firstly, mileage. It's over 100k but has full service history and being a merc diesel, I'm fairly confident it'll be just fine. Especially considering my civic 2.2 diesel is currently on 130k and is still running perfectly. I guess modern diesels are pretty reliable these days.

Second, the paintwork. Even without looking at the odometer, you can really tell this car has had a hard life... and most of it on the motorway. The front bumper is barely black anymore, it looks grey due to all the super tiny stonechips... if anything it actually looks like it's been sandblasted... hence the deduction that it must have been driven at motorway speeds for the majority of that 100k miles. Along with the bumper, the bonnet is just absolutely spattered with stonechips. I'm currently saving up to get the bumper and bonnet resprayed because it really detracts from the overall look of the car.

The next issue was the wheels. It's the AMG Sport trim, so has the 18" AMG alloys. Unfortunately, every single wheel was seriously corroded and blistering under the paint. They were supposed to be "diamond cut" alloys, with a different coloured spokes compared to the outer rim, but the paint was so faded and dull that they just looked a single shade of grey... not even silver. I knew I'd have to do something about them, so my offer factored this in too. I'll make another post in the right forum showing what I did to the wheels after I took delivery of the car.... lets just say I'm really happy with them now :)

Having said all that... I'm still extremely happy with the car and it's a huge step up not just in trim level, but also ride comfort and just that general pride you get when you walk up to your car in a car park... oh, and I've also got a sore neck from continuously looking back at it when I'm walking away haha.

So, Hi all, and I'll see you around the forum

Attachments

• carblurred.jpg
    carblurred.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 5
Welcome to the forum looks a nice car plenty of helpful information and people on here not all stuck up there own ar--e like a few forums i can think of😃

Welcome to the forum looks a nice car plenty of helpful information and people on here not all stuck up there own ar--e like a few forums i can think of😃
Thanks buddy, I'll be asking some standard questions along the way. Once I've had the first service out of the way, and then had the scraping noise from the wheels looked at, I'll be saving up for the cosmetic touches like sorting out the bumper and bonnet.

I'll be looking at the pros and cons of a remap too but need to make sure I'm not going to regret that by getting other's opinions on the matter. The way I see it, I rarely drive this in Sports mode as it is, 80% of what I do is driving to and from work/supermarket with the missus/kid on board.... but when I do hit the back roads and/or join the motorway, I really would like the ability to open her up a bit more.

The civic was a quoted 140bhp, but I very much doubt that was really the case. This being a quoted 201bhp, I do notice a jump in performance to what I'm used to but it's not as big as I thought it would be with a supposed 60+bhp increase. You'd be surprised how many german marques I've seen off in the good ol' civic haha.

I guess what I'm going to be looking for is people's real life experiences with remaps, and whether or not other components in the car have suffered as a result of the increased power. But more on that further down the line, most likely early 2022.

Welcome 👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom