"Mercedes Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide" doesnt make sense ??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Mercedes-Benz Fitting Chart and Wheel Fitment Guide | Alloy Wheels Direct

If you look at the W202 section down the bottom

18x8.5 et25 225/40R18 18x10 et 25 255/35R18 AMG - no mods

18x8.5 et35 225/40R18 18x10 et30 255/35R18 Carlsson - shed loads of mods required (FA: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 RA: 1, 2, 3, 5, 9)

So is this saying a 10" rear will fit so long as the offset is et 25 ?

I cannot see how this can be if one of the codes above for the carlsson wheel which stick "in" more than the amg's is "roll arches"

Basically ive seen a set of wheels im rather taken by that are 8 1/5" fronts et 25 and 10" rear et 25 ????

any thoughts ???

That chart is OK as a rough guide but there are lots of flaws if you search long enough.

Your reasoning is sound and logically a 10J wheel with ET25 offset should never fit a W202 without modification of arches.

What this chart also doesn't account for is ride height difference. The Carlsson car may sit a lot lower than the equivalent AMG, requiring much more modification.

Ahhh - i thought the AMG/Carlsson bit was the wheel brand not the car - so helps explain a bit. I think im probably out of luck with the 10" rear even though Ive faffed with my suspension and its currently as high as a 4 x 4 !

You can fit a 10J wheel on the rear Brett. I currently have 10J ET30 without any mods to the arches. With ET25, I think you'd need a slight stretch on the tyre to avoid rubbing the arch.

Thanks mate,

Got any close up pics ?

what are you running on the front ?

I don't think I have any close up pictures of these wheels. The fronts are 8.5J ET30. The wheels sit almost flush with the arch.

Can't really see from this angle but there just inside the arch lip:

These where orginally ET38 but I had to use a 10mm spacer for clearance. So it would be ET28, 8.5J width.

Thanks. Are they futura's ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom