MERCEDES Garage in Germany (Cologne)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whizzkid11

Car
All,

I am due to be driving to Cologne at the end of the week, and as my W210 needs some injector/seal attention, was wondering if it would be cheaper to get it done there.

Does anybody know of any garages in northern/western Germany that could be recommended?

I know its a longshot and big ask, but if you don't ask you don't know.

Thanks,

Was!

If your driving all that way with a 'broken' car, especially with the value of the Euro I think I would rather have it fixed here where I speak the lingo and get the car in a better state before you leave.

You wouldn't want to be arguing over costs and what it needs far from home with no car?

Most Germans speak better English than many UK residents .

While not disagreeing with the above , as long as you have a breakdown/recovery package you ought not to come completely unstuck .

I don't know if you are a member of the 'official' club , but they are affiliated to the German Club and you could probably ask for recommendation of a good 'Indy' via the German Club website .

Some , like the S Klasse Club.de have English pages on their sites where you could ask the question .

My guess is that parts and labour prices will not be far different in Germany , but if you take your car to Poland , labour in particular is much cheaper - lots of people take cars there for excellent body restoration work at a fraction of our prices .

The garages in Germany are far more regulated than here. Any notion of being ripped off in Germany is just not thought of over there.

I dont think you will have an issue with the garage but im not sure you will save anything either.

My worry would be already setting off in a car you know needs fixing?

I got the impression from the OP we are not talking main dealers but garages... and just like the UK there are good and bad I'm sure, regulated or not?

For piece of mind I would have it fixed here and enjoy your trip.

Thanks for the responses guys, luckily for me the trip has been postponed, so I will hopefully hvae time to get the seals fixed.

The car itself is running perfectly except for leaving a small cloud of black smoke when I put the foot down/kick down. I know that the a couple of the injector seals need fixing as there is a onbvious leak on one of them.

I have been driving up and down the motorway without any other issue, most parts on the car have been replaced such as high pressure diesel pump, turbo, diesel pre pump, alternator, fuel lines + all service items.

My budget has been blown on all the above parts hence the injector seals have been put on hold.

I will try and get it booked in with Olly at PCS, time permitting. At the same time I will follow pontoneers advise and see if there are any garages out there, in case I need to head out sooner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom