Mercedes gla45 amg: Driven

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I really don't get what the difference is between this and an A45?

Same car, but GLA on stilts???

Oh and £5k more...

The Crossover sector is a huge part of the car market these days. Look at the Qashqai sales figures, they are mind boggling. It went from a small niche product to the best selling Nissan in several countries.

I'm sure the GLA will sell very well. Not for me, but I can see why people would buy it over the A.

The Crossover sector is a huge part of the car market these days. Look at the Qashqai sales figures, they are mind boggling. It went from a small niche product to the best selling Nissan in several countries.

I'm sure the GLA will sell very well. Not for me, but I can see why people would buy it over the A.

I get the CashCow, it's a genuinely good car for what it offers. But, the GLA will be almost the same as the A class I think, just like an A4 All Road.

I think what I am saying is that I don't understand it at all, totally confused... I get the SUV segment, but I don't get this car one bit!

its like that Citroen c4, the cross over variant,

I don't see how it can justify 5k more though, Although best suited to farmers and country folk where higher clearance is needed.

A lot of it will be to do with perceived image rather than actual pros or cons of whether the GLA is a better suited car.

Middle class, middle age people see hot hatches as kids cars, but pump up the suspension a bit and it makes it ok and changes the image completely.

Moff, I don't think we are the target market if we don't get it!

Could be that people like the higher driving position of this type of vehicle without being a so called politically incorrect proper 4wd.

I saw one in London. I really don't like it.

What a pointless model :rolleyes: they get rid if the old A Class which was a higher seating position ( the whole reason for the car ) to replace it with a copy of the 1 series then re-introduce it with a higher seating position again :dk:

I saw one of these this morning in the petrol station. It was white and I noticed it had turbo something on the wings. I even reversed back to look at the rear of the car, thought it said cla 45 lol. Had a bizzare rear diffuser and some massive square quad pipes.

Mercedes GLA [ cooking versions] Look at me I'm the Nissan Quashqai you won't be ashamed to be seen in= it'll sell like hot cakes. :thumb:
Mercedes GLA [ 45AMG version ] Look at me I'm the A45 that ate all the pies. Pointless as a pointy thing without any points.:confused:

grober said:
Mercedes GLA [ cooking versions] Look at me I'm the Nissan Quashqai you won't be ashamed to be seen in= it'll sell like hot cakes. :thumb: Mercedes GLA [ 45AMG version ] Look at me I'm the A45 that ate all the pies. Pointless as a pointy thing without any points.:confused:

And yet I suspect they will sell them as quick as they can make them .......

I will be considering the GLA when I come to replace my B200 in a years time.
The new B class is lower to get into, I prefer the slightly higher position of my current car, and the GLA is a between the two.
With prices starting at £25,850 I think it is not as expensive as I thought it might be.
I think is is a far better looking car than the BMW X1.

Terry

Some GLAs models are 2WD (GLA 200CDI in manual or automatic).
GLA220 CDI 4MATIC and GLA250 4MATIC are 4WD.

Terry

I'm thinking of a 4wd performance car and was thinking of the GLA 45 as I really don't like the A45......looks like my short list is back down to the RS4 unless I wait for the next C63 with 4wd.

RR

i'm thinking of a 4wd performance car and was thinking of the gla 45 as i really don't like the a45......looks like my short list is back down to the rs4 unless i wait for the next c63 with 4wd.

Rr

cla45 amg?

One of these over took me when i was out on my bike last night. Have to say i wasn't really impressed as it had a large spoiler on it and it looked pretty tacky.

Also, given how the driver was clearly 'pushing on' it made a really disappointing noise too!!

I expect better from AMG.....

I had a look at the GLA the other day and decided it is not for me.
I expected it to be taller than the new B-class, and somewhat similar in height to my W245 B-class, but it isn't even close.
So now I am looking at other small SUV cars, and of course there is plenty of choice, Audi Q3 taking my fancy at the moment. Mazda MX-5 has plenty of kit for the money, Volvo XC-60 has an 8-speed auto gearbox, Hyundai IX-35 looks good value. Don't like the look of BMW X1.

Terry

Must just be me that thinks it is nice then better than the Vauxhall Astra sorry I meant A class :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom