Mercedes GLE coupe delay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mb4me

Hi there,
I have a GLE350de on order and was updated till the end of July that the car is scheduled to arrive mid August. I requested 1st september for the new reg so all was okay. Just yesterday I have now been told 'Mercedes have put a block on the vehicle being released from the factory' and they dont have an eta anymore
Has anyone else heard of experienced anything like this?
Thanks

I was speaking to a guy who worked for Mercedes over the weekend and he said the cars are being held either at the factory or at the docks as the chips for some of the convenience modules are being delayed. parking sensors, command, seat controllers are some of the items effected. They may be signing cars over soon with some of these features missing to be rectified later, getting customers to sign disclaimers to accept as is until the chips/modules are back in stock.

Went to order a new Transit van and was informed August 2022 at present for delivery

Thanks for the replies
If they had an indication of how long it would be, I could decide if i wanted to cancel the order or continue to wait but can’t get anywhere at the moment

Thanks for the replies
If they had an indication of how long it would be, I could decide if i wanted to cancel the order or continue to wait but can’t get anywhere at the moment
I assume all manufacturers are in the same boat. As it stands I’d say you were at the front of the queue as far as MB are concerned so to cancel would probably put you in a worse situation with regards to buying any new car.
Just my opinion of course

I was speaking to a guy who worked for Mercedes over the weekend and he said the cars are being held either at the factory or at the docks as the chips for some of the convenience modules are being delayed. parking sensors, command, seat controllers are some of the items effected. They may be signing cars over soon with some of these features missing to be rectified later, getting customers to sign disclaimers to accept as is until the chips/modules are back in stock.
This is exactly what happened lol received an email to say would I accept the car without the augmented reality thing for the navigation and this would be installed at a later date by a local dealer

Hi, do you have any news about your delivery yet?

This is exactly what happened lol received an email to say would I accept the car without the augmented reality thing for the navigation and this would be installed at a later date by a local dealer
Reading elsewhere on the tinernet that EQCs were being shipped without augmented reality and that it couldn't be retrofitted?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom