Mercedes Grimsby

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pjgraham86

Hi

I will be travelling south to Mercedes Grimsby at the end of January to pick up my sister-in-law's new GLC 220d Sport. She is having ongoing medical treatment and her medication will make sitting for long periods in the car very difficult in the short term so I've offered to pick the car up for her.

Anyone got any experience of new cars from there ? I'm particularly interested in the quality of the new vehicle prep. - any swirl marks will drive me nuts !! I'll recommend that she gets a new car detail from the chap I use here but I am hoping that if the prep is good he won't have much paint correction to do.

Any views/experience ?

Thanks

PJG

I will be travelling south to Mercedes Grimsby at the end of January to pick up my sister-in-law's new GLC 220d Sport.

Anyone got any experience of new cars from there ?

PJG

Yes, you don't get a bouquet of flowers with the new car, just a portion of fish, chips and curry sauce in the boot :D

They might do you a deal on winter tyres at the end of January.....

I'll be up there to pick up my new car in a couple of months, so also very interested in people's experiences of this dealership.

My broker was orangewheels. I've since noticed that uknewcars are doing even bigger discounts on GLCs - such is life.

Purchased used from there, salesperson didnt have much knowledge of the car so did all the research myself, apart from that everything went smoothly, did have a issue few months later which they reimbursed me for, I would buy another car from them, Huddersfield I would avoid, no after care at all.

Bought a used ML from them which had a couple of paint defects (lifting lacquer on bumpers mainly) and had 2 indie stamps in the service book.
They swore blind they had the best body shop in the world and the car would be re-enrolled in Mobilo Life
The paint repairs lasted about 3 weeks and with guidance from here I discovered & pointed out to them that they could not re-enroll the car.
Initially they took the car back for further paint correction but MBUK wouldn't let them re-enroll the car so it was money back time. They wouldn't reimburse the removeable tow bar I had professionally fitted, claiming it devalued the car:doh:

Not so good Piff....sorry to hear that.

This place (MBClubUK) is probably not going to give you the comfort you want OP.

Forums are full of strange people who can make 2+2 = 5 really quickly but, more importantly, you're gonna get a few opinions about a dealer (good and bad) who deals with thousands of people/transactions a year.

You're not going to hear about the majority and may form a skewed opinion or begin to worry for no reason.

Last edited:
Are all these CarWow orders ? They always give the best price when I do a CarWow search
Mine was. £18k off list. Zeinab for the sale, Luca for all the pre-delivery work. Picking up next Wednesday

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom