Mercedes gullwing 2017

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark44

Car
C63 Estate Edition 507
Was just talking to a guy in a motor spares shop who was telling me his neighbour had just got a new mercedes gull wing. I assumed it was an sls, but he said it was a 17 plate.

A quick google produced this

Mercedes-Benz Brings The Gullwing Back For 2017!

Does anyone have any more details?

That's not real

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If not an SLS, the GTR or whatever it's called?

This guy said it was massive - so I guess it could be some sort of s class coupe.

Don't all the gt's have 'normal' doors though?

This guy said it was massive - so I guess it could be some sort of s class coupe.

Don't all the gt's have 'normal' doors though?

Did you read post#2?

As said, it's not real.

It's a page on a crap website called "Da Main Source", it has zero credibility.

This is the original unedited image.
16c1120_02_d337182.gif

I understand the link is a photoshopped s-coupe, and may not be what the guy in the shop was describing - but what could it be?

He described a massive maroon red 17 plate mercedes with gull wing doors. He also said the owner who had "paid a massive amount of money for it" said it was not a model that mercedes usually made.

While perhaps not a merc expert, this older gentleman clearly new a thing or two about cars And seemed fully credible.

So, ignoring the link which was just an possible example, what exactly could he be describing?

He was clearly mistaken. You did say he was old, maybe he just read the plate wrong. Could have just been an SLS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah ok.

Yes, I'm guessing then he has bought an SLS and it has a private plate, that starts with something 17, and the old guy doesn't know the plate structure properly and assumed it was brand new.

Like L17 SPD for instance, (that's a fiesta, but you get my drift :D) LL17 SPD isn't registered yet, but that'd be a 2017 car.

Last edited:
My 1994 G is L917. there have been a couple of folk who think it's a new one.

There was a very lovely S63 cabriolet in my local Mercedes dealer this week - a tad dear though. Looking forward to our friend (when buying) depreciation doing his work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom