Mercedes High Mileage Award

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinal

MB Enthusiast
Car
x254, G350, Duster, S320, Mach1, 900ss and a few more
Found this on MB Canada:

Mercedes-Benz Canada - Ownership - Customer Care

Does MB UK have a similar scheme? I reckon the 250,000 mile award is quite achievable...

The 500,000 may need a regularly serviced vehicle :p

The million mile award... hmm tough; but still doable!

Question is... what are the prizes?
M.

Imagine the cost of full main dealer service history of a million mile car. £30-50k?
You'd want quite a special prize.

It does not all have to be done in a single vehicle : the high mileage awards are available to anyone who can show they have covered the required mileage behind the wheel of one or more Mercedes vehicles - your dealer can substantiate this from service records showing that your vehcle(s) have covered the required mileage in your ownership .

It does not all have to be done in a single vehicle : the high mileage awards are available to anyone who can show they have covered the required mileage behind the wheel of one or more Mercedes vehicles - your dealer can substantiate this from service records showing that your vehcle(s) have covered the required mileage in your ownership .

The award is to demonstrate how well made, and superior to to other cars for long term use, the Mercedes cars are; therefore the award is for a particular car.

These awards have been running here for a great many years , available to DRIVERS who have covered certain mileages behind the wheels of Mercedes cars and recognised by lapel pins as well as grille badges . You don't have to do all the miles in a single car .

Found this on MB Canada:

Mercedes-Benz Canada - Ownership - Customer Care

Does MB UK have a similar scheme? I reckon the 250,000 mile award is quite achievable...

The 500,000 may need a regularly serviced vehicle :p

The million mile award... hmm tough; but still doable!

Question is... what are the prizes?
M.

Mine's just coming up to 200,000m, do I get a prize??

These awards have been running here for a great many years , available to DRIVERS who have covered certain mileages behind the wheels of Mercedes cars and recognised by lapel pins as well as grille badges . You don't have to do all the miles in a single car .

It is for the car Derek - go see Merc Classic site - I just looked on USA version and they gave examples of specific cars that have done high mileages.

The owner gets a lapel pin as well as the badge to fix on the specific car.

You have to take your car to the dealer to get them to verify the milometer reading for 'that' car.

As an aside what would be the point of doing it your way, as it would not be proving the superiority of the product - I could be a person that had driver 10 Metro cars and done 1,000,000 miles in total (100,000 in each).

How would that prove the quality of the marque - it would just prove I liked Metro cars.

Last edited:
Check these out:

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

IMG_3424.jpg

100_2535Closeupofgrillebadge.jpg

Im currently on 223,000k - Not that much further! :D :D :D

Last edited:
Mines only done 16,000 only another 234,000 to go i better get out more

It is for the car Derek - go see Merc Classic site - I just looked on USA version and they gave examples of specific cars that have done high mileages.

The owner gets a lapel pin as well as the badge to fix on the specific car.

You have to take your car to the dealer to get them to verify the milometer reading for 'that' car.

As an aside what would be the point of doing it your way, as it would not be proving the superiority of the product - I could be a person that had driver 10 Metro cars and done 1,000,000 miles in total (100,000 in each).

How would that prove the quality of the marque - it would just prove I liked Metro cars.

The awards were most definitely for drivers who had covered certain mileages behind the wheels of Mercedes cars , either one car or several . The significance of the award is that a driver has so many miles under his belt and was not intended to say anything about the marque . I can clearly remember that there was a form which could be completed , showing mileages accrued in different cars and totalled up to show 'your' mileage , which could then be authenticated by your dealer who 'knew' you by either supplying said cars or servicing them . These awards could either be applied for via a dealer or via the Mercedes-Benz Club . This was long before the days of the internet .

This has been the case at least since the mid 1960s when I first became aware of these awards .

My local Mercedes truck dealer gave me a trophy for a Merc truck that had covered 1,000,000 miles (1,600,000 kms) it was a nice gesture

I didn’t like to tell them that I have a Volvo that had done over 2 million kms at the time! (now nearly 3 million):D

Derek

You can clearly see the picture of the award above and it shows the car model and the VIN of the car.

the award is clearly for the car.

I have had an application form for sometime, but not got around to taking my car into dealer yet to show car mileage, get the signature etc.

These prizes have been around for some time now. I think one guy from Watford got the prize back in 2006 for his E200 with 475k miles( ill ask my local dealer about it ).

Last years i've done more than 132k miles in with my Vito 120 Cdi being on the road for 200 days :). I can add extra mileage with my personal car.

Just got back las night from abroad. Done 2850 miles in 3 days :)

In another 50,000... yes... a Level 1 award... whatever that is!
The badge has got 250000 kms on it, or around 185000 miles, so I would have thought that kurtdaley had it covered :dk:. In fact I had, until recently, got a 1987 1.1 litre petrol peugeot 205 with over 200000 miles on it. I only used it to take rubbish to the tip and the only reason I scrapped it was that the rear screen got smashed and it was more trouble than it was worth to get it fixed, engine was fine :) So dont know if this award is testement to the longevity of the Mercedes marque. Cars in general seem to do higher mileages nowadays, more motorway driving I guess.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom