Mercedes History

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeoffWestWales

Car
Mercedes E Class
Hi Again,
Is there anyway you can get Mercedes to give you the historical records of your car, such as service work recalls etc, don't mind paying and may make interesting reading, any pointers would be great, so thanks in advance

Hi Again,
Is there anyway you can get Mercedes to give you the historical records of your car, such as service work recalls etc, don't mind paying and may make interesting reading, any pointers would be great, so thanks in advance
Take your log book to your local MB dealer and they will be able to give you a digital print out of its service history.

As above.

Though it will cover only scheduled servicing, logged on the MB Digital Service Book (DSB).

Any repairs done will be logged locally with the dealer (or non-franchised garage) who carried-out the work, and not on DSB, so unless you know which garage looked after the car, then this information won't be available to you.

As for warranty repairs, MB (and other manufacturers) are very tight-lipped about it, and won't release any information, so even if you do know which dealer looked after the car, chances are they won't divulge any information regarding previous warranty repairs.

They will confirm if the car currently has any outstanding recalls against it, buy not sure if they will tell you what recall work has actually been done in the past.

Your W211 is before DSB so no digital record as such for them to give you.

There may be DBS records for any services done by a dealer after 2007 though?

You can use the .gov mot history check to see any failure that your car had prior to you getting it, its not ideal bug you can work out some off the work its had from it

Ah well it was worth a shot, I saw online that they had upped the warranty to 25 years on the sbc pump, but it was an American site and you probably have to have full service history for them to help out, not so bad only £125 for a refurb if it is the pump?

You can use the .gov mot history check to see any failure that your car had prior to you getting it, its not ideal bug you can work out some off the work its had from it
I always have a look on there, its a good site, you have to go all detetive like , found one car that the mileage had been given a proper haircut, thought the dodgy dealers were doing that around the 1970 and 80's :)

not so bad only £125 for a refurb if it is the pump?

I've seen this quoted around here.

I wouldn't be paying that, how could anyone recondition for that cost is my first thought. Seems way too cheap.

I'd just buy a refurb from Bosch, think they are around 700 now.

I wouldn't be paying that, how could anyone recondition for that cost is my first thought. Seems way too cheap.

Hi Patrick
The guy that does it has a test rig and checks out ok after doing some research, so think he must have cornered the market, he even gives a 6 month warranty so suppose the only way to test is to get one done by him, fingers crossed mine will be the brake like switch but I dont usually get that kind of luck, will post a link to his advert have a peek see what you think

Bosch are likely to re-manufacture it rather than refurbish it.

Refurbishing involves replacing all wear items and inspection of the rest. Re-manufacturing involves stripping it down completely, cleaning the alloy housing and testing it, then rebuilding it using all new parts apart from the alloy housing

Making the alloy housing requires considerable amount of expensive machine time, and eliminating this cost can save a lot of money.

I have seen this being done with Diesel fuel pumps when I was contracting for Delphi. The only difference between a re-manufactured unit and a new units is that the re-manufactured unit may potentially suffer from undetected metal stress fatigue. But other than that, re-manufactured pump is really as good as new.

Bosch are likely to re-manufacture it rather than refurbish it.

Refurbishing involves replacing all wear items and inspection of the rest. Re-manufacturing involves stripping it down completely, cleaning the alloy housing and testing it, then rebuilding it using all new parts apart from the alloy housing

Making the alloy housing requires considerable amount of expensive machine time, and eliminating this cost can save a lot of money.

I have seen this being done with Diesel fuel pumps when I was contracting for Delphi. The only difference between a re-manufactured unit and a new units is that the re-manufactured unit may potentially suffer from undetected metal stress fatigue. But other than that, re-manufactured pump is really as good as new.
Great explanation that markjay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom