mercedes histroy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
hi

as some of you may have read i bought a 1999 CLK at the weekend. The salesman told me he would get it serviced at Mercedes to keep up the full merc history it has.

When i went to pick it up i noticed they hadnt stamped the service book. I left it with them and they were going to stamp it and my father in law was going to collect it.

They telephoned today saying they have stamped it. I said that it was agreed that Merc were going to service it. they say no, it was them but they used genuine merc parts. Now i have a service book with part-merc history instead of full (it was a mitubishi dealer where i bought the car).

what should i do? insist they replace the book for a new service book, get mercedes of swindon (who did the other services) to stamp the new book as a duplicate and then get the car reserviced at mercedes and stamp it again?

You could just get an a service/oil change at mercedes of swindon for the stamp. That way in the future if someone asked you about the servicing you could tell them that the car was serviced by the garage that sold you the car, but you immediately took it to be serviced by a stealership anyway because you always do that with new cars (or something). :)

yeh wouldnt bother with all that! Why dont you ask the trader for the invoices of the merc bits they used, that way you have evidence.

Jay

Dont you lose the 30 year paint warranty if its been serviced elsewhere?

no that has just changed. The body has nothing to do with the servicing, so MB have changed that rule. Besides they have never checked the history when i have attempted to make a claim.

thanks

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom