Mercedes in mass recall of late models.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Of the two recalls I had on the Jeep, both had resulted in deaths, albeit in what I would consider highly unlikely circumstances, so were clearly potentialy serious. The first one was a software mod and IIRC took a good few months to get to me. The next one was a replacement ignition switch and that took longer as parts where in short supply worldwide.

I can see us having to wait a while for this fix given how unlikely it would be to cause issues and how many of these bolt-in fuses are going to have to be manufactured. Unless of course MB have known about this for quite a while and have only announced it now they have a stock of parts to effect a repair? A case of picking one of two unpalatable options, although personally I'd think making a potential issue known ASAP would be the priority for an honest and moral company.

Yeah, right......the motor industry has a pretty piss-poor history in this regard.

The fix is the installation of one additional fuse, it's not something long winded or costly. The reason that MB are reluctant to release further info is that they would essentially be telling the general public how to make their cars catch on fire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, let's give credit where it's due, they had fifty one fires out of a million cars . At least they are doing a recall, how many fires have Vauxhall had and they're still dragging their feet doing a recall.

Guys, let's give credit where it's due, they had fifty one fires out of a million cars . At least they are doing a recall, how many fires have Vauxhall had and they're still dragging their feet doing a recall.

Never mind the 20 years worth of jeeps that explode if they're rear ended [emoji23][emoji91]

That's because the process in the US means that the NHTSA release info before the actual recall happens. Nothing to do with the manufacturer releasing info late. There isn't a confirmed recall for the UK yet, though it's expected.

And do you know where the NHTSA gets their information from?

My only issue with this is the general one I made already, I don't care for the fact that MB (and many others) don't make access to this sort of information as easy and open as it should be. There are plenty of much worse examples out there of serious issues that have been hidden until exposed.

It's a safety issue, MB simply don't have any choice about sorting it out. Should they be praised for doing it? Compared to the devious lengths some other companies have gone to to conceal problems, perhaps they should.

This particular issue seems pretty low-risk based on the information we've got so far.

I don't see why anyone should be praised simply for doing their job. When anyone goes above and beyond their job then yes fair enough. But giving praise to perform a safety recall is going one step too far to me.

I don't see why anyone should be praised simply for doing their job. When anyone goes above and beyond their job then yes fair enough. But giving praise to perform a safety recall is going one step too far to me.

I quite agree....but it seems that in this industry, just doing your job is going above and beyond.

Anyone been contacted about their particular car being affected yet?

I haven't heard anything. I'm hoping they get it sorted by November as that's when my next service is due.

I'm not sure what the normal protocol for MB is, but when I took my car in for service in December they informed me a part needed changing and it would be done for free (think it was some motor in the electric seat)

I checked with my dealer as soon as I heard, they said mine wasn't affected (Aug 2016)
Something to do with a starting capacitor or resistor burning up?

I checked with my dealer as soon as I heard, they said mine wasn't affected (Aug 2016)
Something to do with a starting capacitor or resistor burning up?

You sure about that? From what we received from head office it's all A, B, CLA, GLA, C, E, GLC from 2014 with a couple of engine exceptions. Also I think it's just W213 E

You sure about that? From what we received from head office it's all A, B, CLA, GLA, C, E, GLC from 2014 with a couple of engine exceptions. Also I think it's just W213 E

I've a GLC and haven't received a letter.

Additionally, searching here:-
https://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/default.asp?tx

does not bring up any recalls associated with the GLC.

Is the GLC definitely in the recall ?

Last edited:
I've got a c class and I've not heard anything either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom