Mercedes insurance quote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stuart O

Car
C 250cdi est.
Just hit go a comparison site for my new c250 estate due next week, thought I'd check out mercs own site and it was over double the premium!!!

Is this normal?

Thanks

Stuart

I found Mercedes own insurance uncompetitive as well.
Try Adrian Flux and Aviva for quotes.

MB Ins used to be Aviva, don't know if it still is.

^ There was a big difference in the Mercedes and Aviva quote when I was looking.
Doesn't stop Aviva brokering Mercedes though I suppose.

^ There was a big difference in the Mercedes and Aviva quote when I was looking.
Doesn't stop Aviva brokering Mercedes though I suppose.

Not brokering, underwriting. Big difference. I can only imagine that the level of cover given in the MBAviva policy is significantly better:rolleyes:

Not brokering, underwriting. Big difference. I can only imagine that the level of cover given in the MBAviva policy is significantly better:rolleyes:

You are correct, underwritten:doh: Also yes, the Mercedes policy would have a better level of cover.

Edit. Ha.......and st13phil blows my theory away

I can only imagine that the level of cover given in the MBAviva policy is significantly better:rolleyes:
A reasonable assumption, but not borne out by the facts when I compared the policies in detail a couple of years ago. Minor differences about the guaranteed courtesy car and suchlike, but nothing that would warrant the huge premium delta (imo, of course).

Mercedes-Benz insurance does seem to come up trumps regarding premium for some risk profiles though, so it's always worth looking.

A reasonable assumption, but not borne out by the facts when I compared the policies in detail a couple of years ago. Minor differences about the guaranteed courtesy car and suchlike, but nothing that would warrant the huge premium delta (imo, of course).

Mercedes-Benz insurance does seem to come up trumps regarding premium for some risk profiles though, so it's always worth looking.

Note the use of :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D

As with most things Mercedes their insurance is over priced, but it's worth the free seven days when you buy a car, which takes the hassle out having to get a cover note for your tax

See my post from 02/01/2014 regarding MB Insurance prices:

"There's nothing to do at work today so I thought I will check Mercedes Benz Insurance for fun and see with what amount they will come up for C63. And it's a new record, with no NCD (have other car) it showed 14K ! With NCD I got
information that they can not provide me with the quote. What a joke ;-)

I think I'm too young for them, maybe when I get to 50 it will be cheaper ;-)

Other companies are showing around 700GBP with 6 years NCD and 800GBP with no NCD. "

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/1834005-post17.html

One aspect singularly always lacking in this discussion is what you get for your money? People appear to focus completely on the price of the premium but surely an important part of the equation is what service you get in the event of a claim. How quickly your claim is handled / processed, where and how well the car is repaired and to what standard. [ Some companies are alleged to be using second hand parts in the repair process for example]
This is difficult information to find assuming you have never made a claim from your company but some surveys are available. WHICH and AUTO EXPRESS are 2 that come to mind. Putting it another way:-
When you drive away your repaired car from the approved insurance body shop with the "new" second hand wing with the mismatched paintwork and free overspray you can comfort yourself by hugging the cheap cuddly toy you got when you took out that super cheap bargain policy.

I had a really good quote from AXA when I was looking for an estimate, £209, when I found the car and then informed them about the non standard wheels they point blank refused to insure (as it has been modified)

Had to quickly find another company, so hit go compare and confused websites, one came up with Admiral at a very good price and with telling them about the modifications.

Axa offered me mirror NCD on the Merc, I have 12yrs NCD on another car and they gave me 12yrs on the Mercedes as well, Admiral said they couldn't mirror NCD, but after asking to speak to a manager I got 12yrs on both.

I am 51 years old, 6k miles a year, fully comp on a 03 SL55, £248 :bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

Minor differences about the guaranteed courtesy car and suchlike,...

When I looked, I was a bit amazed that Mercedes insurance didn't guarantee a Mercedes courtesy car - it was the usual small hatchback. That seems like a massive marketing faux-pas.

They were way out for me too - double the price I got from LV=.

One aspect singularly always lacking in this discussion is what you get for your money? People appear to focus completely on the price of the premium but surely an important part of the equation is what service you get in the event of a claim. How quickly your claim is handled / processed, where and how well the car is repaired and to what standard. [ Some companies are alleged to be using second hand parts in the repair process for example]
This is difficult information to find assuming you have never made a claim from your company but some surveys are available. WHICH and AUTO EXPRESS are 2 that come to mind. Putting it another way:-
When you drive away your repaired car from the approved insurance body shop with the "new" second hand wing with the mismatched paintwork and free overspray you can comfort yourself by hugging the cheap cuddly toy you got when you took out that super cheap bargain policy.

Absolutely, I changed to NFU a few years ago, they are really wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they never slap silly admin charges for changes etc. Indeed, the day after we moved to them, SWMBO had an expensive incident in a fairly new M class. One phone call, that's all it took, everything was dealt with. Really excellent service. As I often say, you often only really find out the extent of your cover is when you make a claim.
Sure they cost a little more, but for that you get a lot more.

Absolutely, I changed to NFU a few years ago, they are really wonderful. Nothing is too much trouble for them and they never slap silly admin charges for changes etc. Indeed, the day after we moved to them, SWMBO had an expensive incident in a fairly new M class. One phone call, that's all it took, everything was dealt with. Really excellent service. As I often say, you often only really find out the extent of your cover is when you make a claim.
Sure they cost a little more, but for that you get a lot more.

I would endorse what you say about NFU. I was hit by a NFU insured driver and he made a phone call at the scene admitting liability. NFU called me within 24hrs offering to deal with my repair and give me a courtesy car.
I was impressed by that and will get a quote from them at my renewal time.

I would endorse what you say about NFU. I was hit by a NFU insured driver and he made a phone call at the scene admitting liability. NFU called me within 24hrs offering to deal with my repair and give me a courtesy car.
I was impressed by that and will get a quote from them at my renewal time.

They can be a it funny about high performance cars, also I think they are quite expensive for "city folk". Living in bucolic splendour I'm all right :D
That said, I'd definitely give them a call, they can only say no.

A few comments being made about MB (Aviva) insurance being too pricey.

I've just renewed my policy with MB the other day for £420.

That includes the usual benefits of NCB protected and European Breakdown cover.

I didn't think that was bad for a C63.

It wasn't the cheapest.

That honour went to L&V for £296.

Mrs. B paid £250 for her Skoda Citygo - explain that one :dk:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom