Mercedes insurance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RBJB29

Car
E53 coupe
Anyone got it and if you have your thoughts please?

No, the quote was much higher than the majority of the competition....

I've only used the free 7 day Mercedes Insurance when picking up my C Class, I saw the renewal quote for a full year which went swiftly in the bin. Policy cancelled after the 7 days and got my insurance elsewhere.

Interesting they have been pretty competitive for me, who have you guys gone with?

Interesting they have been pretty competitive for me, who have you guys gone with?

I'm currently with Quote Me happy, never made a claim on my insurance so can't really review them in terms of claims. They are online only, the only phone number they have is for the claims handling team. The upside of this is that you can make changes to your policy without being charged. However, when I put the private plate on my C Class (it was a pre-reg vehicle) they decided to take their entire IT System down for about 10 hours so it was a bit of a nightmare changing that. As someone who is an IT Systems Engineer I wasn't happy! That being said the renewal quote has just come in and it is only £20 more than last year. I'll still be shopping around for quotes though, I might get another quote from Mercedes Insurance out of curiosity although I'm not hoping for much.

Just tried quote me happy and it was a little more expensive than mercedes, although not a lot in it, so might be worth giving them a ring.

My quote from Mercedes was about twice the quote I finally went with (Lloyds Bank as broker, Cooperative as insurer).

Merc quoted me around gbp1800 for my gla 45 a few years ago. I went wirh Churchill for gbp800 incl legal, national breakdown etc

Maybe Merc send someone to massage your shoulders while you're on hold ...

Merc Insurance twice the price of ANY comparison website. Plus use tips from Money Saving Expert to reduce even more £800 from merc £386 from Direct line using the tips. BARGIN.

Interesting, thanks guys. They are still coming out cheaper or at least comparable with everything other company I’m trying including those mentioned above.

Oh and no massaging Mr Right!

Going to try a few more companies, but read they are trying to be more competitive due to previous high quotes, so maybe a change in their policy?

I've used them 2 years running - cheaper than the others (including some that sponsor one of the MB forums). Also, MB insurance do not demand a tracker like many of the others!

Coming up for renewal next month so will be interesting!

Thanks Muckypaps, just rang £50 cheaper than Mercedes with only a little higher excess. :)

Funny enough just checked and the Mercedes quote is actually with Aviva ?

I've used them 2 years running - cheaper than the others (including some that sponsor one of the MB forums). Also, MB insurance do not demand a tracker like many of the others!

Coming up for renewal next month so will be interesting!
Thanks, I must say they seem very competitive to me but seems lot on here are not keen or have got cheaper quotes. I’ve tried but struggling to find any others that can match or better Mercedes.

Thanks, I must say they seem very competitive to me but seems lot on here are not keen or have got cheaper quotes. I’ve tried but struggling to find any others that can match or better Mercedes.

Obviously it has a lot to do with your age, NCB, post code, car, usage, storage, who will repair it if damaged, OEM parts or not.... etc etc ----

In my case, MB may be targeting older low risk drivers:rolleyes:!

Personally, I think that there is no point in comparing quotes for two different people - even if driving the same car!!

When I bought my car from Mercedes, I took the 7 days free insurance cover, that automatically gave me a 20% discount on my Aviva quote, as they already had my details from the 7 day free cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom