Mercedes interior trim prices, a pleasant surprise!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSM10000

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MX5 1.8 Sport, Range Rover 5.0 SC, BMW X1
Ever since acquiring my W203 saloon I have been bugged by the lack of the coin tray in the centre console as it leaves an ugy hole for the emergency gearshift release, in addition the cigar lighter although having power would not latch nor has it lit up at night and although a non smoker I do like things to work properly.

Mercedes Salisbury ordered the part for me after some initial confusion over what it was and yesterday it arrived.

I was somewhat surprised at a box of approximately 10cmx10cmx 8cm for such a small part and upon opening it found that it was not only the coin tray but also part of the console along with the cupholder, rubber tray and the full cigar lighter assembly and all for £17.80 plus VAT.

It took a few minutes to work out how to take the trim apart to fit it but all very logical and straightforward and no tools needed. Interestingly the cigar lighter alone from a well know "Parts for....." site was circa £24.

I have been led to beleive that MB parts are usually paid for with gold bars so it was a pleasant surprise to solve two problems in one and at such a reasonable price.

I am enjoying Mercedes ownership:thumb:

I've often found some of the prices confusing or irrational.

I once bought a pair of wings for a C126 and each side were a different price, despite being identical.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Mercedes ownership where their prices seem to be the wrong way round.

Whenever I need a part I always ring the main dealer and go from there, you'd be surprised how many other parts suppliers are more expensive than them.

Cupholder? U Sure?[/QUOTE

In the centre console when you roll back the cover there is a space and a shaped rubber insert for a cup:thumb:

Do your mercedes community a favour and post the part number and maybe a pic!

Do your mercedes community a favour and post the part number and maybe a pic!

Wil post part number if I can find the invloce but think it went into the skip which was removed yesterday:doh:, the part has been installed so a picture is going to be difficult in terms of showing exactly what you get but will have a look if I remember:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom