Mercedes iPhone charging cable?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55BOF

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLS63 SB, SLK55, Cooper S, Triumph Sprint (Bike not Dolly...),
The car is a 2013 CLS, with the UCI in the centre armrest. There are several short MB cables loose in there, all of which fit the UCI, but not one with the correct terminal to charge my elderly IPhone 5S. There's one that terminates in a USB connector I can plug an ordinary charging cable into, but I'd rather have something OE if MB made/make one. Did they, does anyone know? I don't need to stream music, just charge the phone.

Failing that, anyone know where I can get a really short charging cable to plug into the USB connector. In fact, just an adaptor USB-B male to 8-pin male would do now I come to think of it...

Do you mean the media cable for the old 30 pin Apple connector?
Just like the one I have offered up for free (plus postage) in the classifieds here....?

iPod cable

Not the one, unfortunately; I need the eight-pin male connector on the iPhone end.

For the iPhone 5s, th connector you need at the iPhone end of the cable is called a “Lightning” connector. Either CommandOnline or your local main dealer will be able to supply the correct part to plug into the media interface but it will be expensive. There’s more than one if I remember right so it’s worth asking which one is right for your car as the “wrong” one won’t work.

Or you can buy short USB lightning cables from Amazon. I have lots of them as they’re really handy for in car charging, but also I use them for charging next to my bed where having multiple standard/long charging cables gets in a mess. They’re also great to keep in a bag/suitcase and powerbank, again because they don’t get in a mess when not being used. Worth buying even if you get the media interface cable.

Thanks for that. Once I knew exactly what to look for, I found a Veho 20 cm one on eBay, so I bought it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom