Mercedes is buying Ducati

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

d w124

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
w124 3.6AMG styling E320 S124 Lorinser styling
While everyone thought that the deal between AMG and Ducati was just a partnership, it seems that Dr. Z has inked a deal with the Italian motorcycle manufacturer and has brought it under the Daimler AG family. According to exclusive first-hand sources, the deal is worth just under $15 Billion, which is a pretty heft price for a company that only makes EUR 430 million in revenue. It said that the Ducati brand will be phased out and replaced by a new company, dubbed as Mercedes-Benz Bertha (paying homage to the wife of Karl Benz). Mercedes will now directly compete with BMW and their motorcycle business, which means that they are aggressively trying to attack and dethrone BMW as the premiere motorcycle manufacturer. As of today, April 1st, Mercedes-Benz is entering a new era, an era that was 125 years in the making.

mercedes-benz-ducati-motorc-Custom-597x397.png

Has to be an April Fools (dubbed as Mercedes-Benz Bertha (paying homage to the wife of Karl Benz).

It better be an April fools...
EDIT: Yups - just verified, it's an April fools joke!

April Fool is gone and past, You're the bigger fool at last!

Thank god!

Last edited:
Why would they spend $15Bn on a company that turns over 430M Euro.

Why do the media make up such rubbish April fool jokes.

Mercedes could design and build a whole range of bikes for a lot less than $15bn.

But Mercedes *should* get involved with motorcycles again. Afterall they invented the idea.

The technology now demanded in cars is for smaller, lighter, more powerful, lean burning engines - just what the motorcycle industry has been making for decades. Mercedes could learn a thing or two.

But Mercedes *should* get involved with motorcycles again. Afterall they invented the idea.

The technology now demanded in cars is for smaller, lighter, more powerful, lean burning engines - just what the motorcycle industry has been making for decades. Mercedes could learn a thing or two.

As a Ducati owner, I take offence to my bike being defined as small, light or lean burning :p

I'm quite happy to get 60-70mpg on the duke, and 100+ on the cagiva...

M.

I'm not sure I even get 30mpg on mine. :eek:

And when did BMW become the premier motorcycle manufacturer anyway?

Russ
Visions of thousands of Harley owners descending on the scene to do battle :D

it better be an april fools...
Edit: Yups - just verified, it's an april fools joke!

April fool is gone and past, you're the bigger fool at last!

Thank god!

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d

No, I can't ride sports bikes anymore as I have no more get out of gaol free cards.

I have an early bandit 1200 with a full titanium akrapovich system and a few other goodies. It goes well, wheelies everywhere but thankfully being bare, I can't ride it above 140.

Ive also got a rather mad super tenere with a TRX conversion and ....ah... well.... pretty much everything modified. It breathes fire, sounds like the devil is inside her and eats more fuel than my sl500.

Last edited:
And when did BMW become the premier motorcycle manufacturer anyway?

Russ

When they launched the S1000RR which is comfortably better than the Japanese competition at the moment, although I'm sure it won't last long.
I've always liked Fireblades but will probably be buying a BMW due to Hondas lazyness with the Fireblade over the last few years, of updating the model with 'an exciting new colour scheme' and not doing much else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom