Mercedes Lakeside / Witham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Freeman

Car
E55 AMG
Well what can I say! the most useless bunch I have come across.
I bought my E55 from Lakeside, however after only 3 weeks of ownership a van driver decided he didnt want to be overtaken, and reshaped the panels on the passenger side.

The car was already booked in for a return visit to Lakeside for the Dynamic, and massage seats not working, which was suppose to have been fixed prior to collection. I also found the Sat Nav TMC was not working, and the dipstick cover was broken. Not bad for a car which is mercedes approved, and been through 300 checks. Probaby 299 never done, as it needed new rear tyres when I viewed the car.

Well 4 months later and I will get my car back next Saturday. I had to enrole Mercedes UK to assist, and insisted on a Mercedes Inspector to see the car before and after, as the original repair after 7 weeks was hiddeous!

The car has since been resprayed three times now. First it was repainted and I was not happy with the finish. Then when they finally agreed that the panel gaps, and paint were no good, they stripped and repainted the side of the car, and tried realigining the panels. They found they couldnt line up with the back quarter panel, and decided to replace the rear quarter panel as it was found this was defective. More like badly fitted, as it didnt seem to line up with the boot either.

Then they would paint the rear quarter panel on its own, I had concerns over the match of paint. I then get told that the passenger rear door was 1 cm shorter, probably due to being dropped at some stage. However, I reckon it was altered to fit the original badly fitted rear quarter panel, as the door apperture would of been incorrect.

The car has now been stripped again, and the whole side repainted, including fading into the boot, and bonnet. Which I would of expected anyway, as this is normal practice to ensure no mismatch or repaint can be seen.

In all this time I ahve had use of a C200 CDI, which now has 8000miles added to it, but I am really disappointed that a Merc dealer is so incapable of repairing their own cars, and its Silver so its the base colour for all Mercs! The lakeside dealer has never returned any phone calls, and couldn't careless. The Witham bodyshop which is part of the same group always have excuses why the car yet agin has either not been painted, is still not ready, or some panel beater has been sacked! so down on staff.

Merc UK are offering no compensation for their poor dealer network, or any indication that this will be followed up.

The cars are great but the Merc Customer services, and aftersales support is an absolute disgrace. Audi / BMW / Porsche are far better at looking after the customers needs.

Leigh.

I'd be worried about the ill fitting panels and door. Has it has a prevous bump that you're maybe not aware of?

If I had a pound for every time I hear that kind of complaint I would be a rich man.

I'm sorry to hear this. I just missed having a look at this E55 too.

Hi, Hmm, sounds like this is mainly the panel beater's fault....expand a little more on the issues with the car.

If I had a pound for every time I hear that kind of complaint I would be a rich man.

If I were a rich man,

Ya ha deedle deedle, bubba bubba deedle deedle dum.

All day long I'd biddy biddy bum.

If I were a wealthy man.

I have also had very poor service from Mercedes Romford and no support from Customer Services either, it's a shame that they don't value their customers much.

I am thinking about buying a BMW instead, but not had any experience with their service so not sure if they are any better?

It annoys me to hear these stories....service levels in this country are appalling. Lack of manners, professionalism and pride in work are now so scarce. A premium brand should know better. If I were the MB UK big cheese, I'd sack them without question.

The mercedes "approved used" scheme is a waste of time, when we bought the S-class, it was littered with faults, it took 6 visits to the dealer before ti was fixed. The joke was i got a smart as a replacement vehicle.

Save the 10-20% you pay extra for signature and buy from a indy. That way if anything goes wrong, you have money left in your pocket to fix it.

Well the bodyshop finally got the car done. The job this time was good, and to the right standard.

However, the car is going back tomorrow!
Car was not valeted properly, I could live with this and had it done locally had it not been for the following:-

Passenger mirror doesn't dip when in reverse
Battery consumer turned off, due to battery state
Top right button on APS 50 next to screen stays in, and may slowly return to correct position after a while.
Kick plate plastic surround broken, and piece left in boot
Plastic boot catch cover broken, with an attempt to glue in place
Handle to lift boot carpet broken.
Massage seats only work intermittently, and same with dynamic!

The seats were suppose to have been fixed before I bought the car, and then before the bodywork was done!

Witham bodyshop, and service department is now doing all the work. I also insisted they collected as I am not doing a 5 hour round trip again. I get a Dodge Calibre in return for a prestige car. Great!

If its not right this time, I have good mind drive the bloody thing through the head quarters office!

I have also had very poor service from Mercedes Romford and no support from Customer Services either, it's a shame that they don't value their customers much.

I am thinking about buying a BMW instead, but not had any experience with their service so not sure if they are any better?

If you want to be loved by your dealer - buy a Lexus...

Or a Sko..........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom