Mercedes leather scuffed - help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuttle

Hi Everyone,

On my SLK (W Reg) I have some quite bad leather scuffing around the handbreak and the interior door handles. The leather is biege originally, but in the scuff points there are black spots - where the top coat has completely gone. I assume this is the plastic underneath?

How can this best be resolved? Is there a touch up product? Will I need a new console and door handles if I want rid of it?

It doesn't bother me so much, but it is one of the things I bidded the seller on when I bought it and I just know someone will do the same to me when I sell it so I just want to resolve it as it is my cars only fault...(touch woods :)

Thanks.

You can buy a scuff repair kit from Gliptone Liquid Leather (www.liquidleather.com). They supply Mercedes leather colours off the shelf (quote colour number). For £13 you get a 65ml water based leather dye with toner, gloss enhancer and applicator sponge. My leather is mushroom, and I have got excellent results. You can easily merge the colour in without leaving colour changes. You can buy larger amounts but a little goes a long way.
Regards
John

MB250TD said:
You can buy a scuff repair kit from Gliptone Liquid Leather (www.liquidleather.com). They supply Mercedes leather colours off the shelf (quote colour number). For £13 you get a 65ml water based leather dye with toner, gloss enhancer and applicator sponge. My leather is mushroom, and I have got excellent results. You can easily merge the colour in without leaving colour changes. You can buy larger amounts but a little goes a long way.
Regards
John
I tried it on mine without much success. I think the only real solution is to have it repaired with new leather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom