Mercedes leaving DTM for formula E!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I agree, but if they win and form a reputable team as they have with F1 then that is the best marketing you can get to push the battle against Tesla

Mercedes to enter Formula E in 2019

quotes:-
Mercedes' departure from DTM at the end of 2018 will bring an end to the marque's involvement in the German touring cars series, which stretches back to the its participation in the Deutsche Tourenwagen Meisterschaft in 1988. It has raced in every season of the DTM since it was reformed in 2000 and enjoyed a period of sustained success during the last decade before a barren spell without a constructors' championship from 2010 to today.

"I am pleased that we were able to extend our entry option for one year to the 2019/20 season. This gives us time to properly understand the series and to prepare for our entry in the right way."

The battery is still provided by a single supplier, currently Williams Advanced Engineering, but McLaren Applied Technologies will take over the contract in 2018 on a two-year deal aimed at introducing a battery capable of completing a full race distance -- thus eliminating the need for a mid-race car swap.

It's a times like this that I appreciate old age...................

I accidentally switched on a recent (New York) Formula E "race" This was a big mistake on my part.

The circuit comprised of a loop, shaped like a giant sausage with two hairpin bends and two long straights (dull).

The Start:

The cars, as one, head into the first hairpin at identical speeds and no evidence braking from anybody apart from the three cars at the head of the pack. There was heavy contact involving pretty much every car in the field.

Re-Start:

The cars, as one, head into the first hairpin at identical speeds and no evidence braking from anybody apart from the three cars at the head of the pack. There was heavy contact involving pretty much every car in the field.

Re Start:

This continual lack of braking soon whittled down the field to just a few remaining cars that avoided all he contact by going extremely slowly at all of the starts and avoiding the inevitable contact at the first bend.

I switched over.

So the lesson is. If you like watching dodgems? This is for you.

^^ So there were lots of crashes? Excellent. When is it next on?

They were not really crashes in the true sense. It was like watching Laurel & Hardy trying to squeeze thru a narrow doorway then repeating it at the next doorway. You know it's going to happen, they know it's going to happen, but they can't stop the headlong charge into the first corner where they all get wedged between the armco and the tyres.

The cars themselves look exactly like they were designed for contact (I suspect now that they were) with massive American style over-riders around each wheel. These look like shoe boxes that have been bolted around the wheels.

Seriously Darrel. I would book a hair appointment for raceday :^)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom