mercedes lifetime corrosion warranty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Viano corrosion warranty is 12 years. Had the complete rear door taken back to metal, resprayed and new badges. Same goes for the Vito.

The rust reappears, I've had my rear arches done twice now by MB, 18 months apart and the front arches once, but the rust has now reappeared on them again too, they were only done 18 months ago.

No amount of paint appears to stop crap metal rusting.

Russ

The rust reappears, I've had my rear arches done twice now by MB, 18 months apart and the front arches once, but the rust has now reappeared on them again too, they were only done 18 months ago.

Russ

No amount of poor repairs will protect any ferrous metal.

I would be very surprised if the rust was fully removed and properly painted behind the arch lip.

No amount of poor repairs will protect any ferrous metal.

I would be very surprised if the rust was fully removed and properly painted behind the arch lip.

The rust actually starts on the outside of the arches and quarter panels. The bodyshop said that Mercedes have the thinnest paint out of all the cars they treat. I think it is already rusting before it is even painted at the factory.

Russ

Hi I've owned my car from new, it's got a full mb service history from supplying dealer. I was told bodywork is 3 years plus 5 years goodwill. After that basically your on your own, 30 year warranty applies to chassis only. This is what Robinsons Mercedes of Norwich told me last year when I tried to get rear arches done, at that time the car was 9 years old so the answer was no. Previously before the car was 8 years old, they had done all the paint work claims without a problem. I think the chance of Mercedes re-spraying anyones car for 30 years is extremely unlikely!

Such nice people. I bought a brand new ML from another of their branches and drove it an extra 25 miles for servicing, to a different dealer, I was so impressed with R's!

Russ

Surprised, the the entire rear door of the Viano was bead blasted back to metal and refinished. I was told that if it had perforated then a new door would be fitted. As to paint thickness I have a few paint chips which haven't exposed bare metal so it is not that thin. The MB dealer workshop did an excellent job but I had a hard time getting by the front office. They really did not want to submit the claim and tried every argument, it wasn't covered, it had to perforated and any way MB would not accept the claim. Had to threaten them in the end and did inform MB customer services who apologised and sent an area manager to the dealer. But turned out right in the end and I went to another MB dealer who do a great job all round.

Viano corrosion warranty is 12 years. Had the complete rear door taken back to metal, resprayed and new badges. Same goes for the Vito.
I know this is an old thread but the paint is flaking off the roof of my Viano, it was treated 6 years ago when I bought it 2nd hand (3 years old) for the same problem, dealer refuses to do anything now, do you have anything in writing about the 12 year corrosion warranty you state.

I know this is an old thread but the paint is flaking off the roof of my Viano, it was treated 6 years ago when I bought it 2nd hand (3 years old) for the same problem, dealer refuses to do anything now, do you have anything in writing about the 12 year corrosion warranty you state.
If it’s no longer original paintwork then Mercedes will say that it’s no longer original and down the the bodyshop to resolve at their expense. There won’t be many body shops who will resolve that for you.

Was the repair paid for by Mercedes and if so on what basis?

Came in a booklet with the manuals when it was new. The workshop made a big thing about testing the paint thickness. I was told that if it was thicker than standard they wouldn't do it as it would have been repainted. In the end it didn't matter as I backed it into a lamp post and the insurers paid for a new one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom